none
Add RSS Feed and set Location with script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to add a RSS feed to everyone's Outlook in the company and set the Location of the feed to the Personal Inbox.

First is possible with a GPO, but not setting the folder.

Is it possible?

I only can find a VB script which removes all RSS feeds in the internet, but nothing about adding them.

Regards

Tobias

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Tobias,

According to my research, we can deploy RSS feed via following GPO option but there is no such a GPO/registry key to set the Location of the feed to the Personal Inbox.

>>User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Outlook 2016 > Account Settings > RSS Feeds > Default RSS Feeds

(When testing, please note that you will need to specify the URLs in the format: feed://<subscription URL>, where "feed://" replaces "http://".)

>>I only can find a VB script which removes all RSS feeds in the internet, but nothing about adding them.

Did lots of research but didn't found such a script either. You can also submit a request in this forum: 

Forum for script request

Outlook for Developer forum

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 21, 2019 7:17 AM
  • Hi Tobias,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 5:22 AM
  • Hi Perry,

thanks for the information.

I found already the GPO information but setting the folder is required so that users see the rss feed in their inbox.

Thanks for showing me the Script Center and msdn forum.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 10:30 AM
  • You are welcome~

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:27 AM