none
Lync Federation and Presence/Status sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

is it possible to hide the presence informations of a user for federated partners? Some companys don't want to share the presence informations with federated partners.

Thanks
    Friday, October 14, 2011 9:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi ,

For single user you can add the federated partner in to blocked list which will block the presence subscription .

Lync doesn't have the ability to filter /block user level communication to federated domain .However you can create external access policy for federated /PIC domains .

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398441.aspx

Third party solution would offer ethical wall betweel lync and federated domain .

http://www.fabbricadigitale.it/eng/whats-new/news-releases/ethical-wall-for-ocs-lync.html

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:01 AM
  • But when i add the partner to the block list, is instant messaging then still available?

Where can i configure the block list for a user?

Friday, October 14, 2011 11:05 AM
  • You can block him by right clicking him and choose for change privacy relationship and choose blocked contacts. You still can reach him by IM. He cannot start an IM conversation with you.

Regards,

Sebastiaan Poels

www.unifiedcollaboration.nl

Sebastiaan Poels www.unifiedcollaboration.nl
    Friday, October 14, 2011 11:12 AM
  • If you set Blocked contacts to your partners, you can intiate the IM and conference to them. But they can not initiate any IM and conference with you.

In lync client, if you can not see the presence of contact, you can not initiate a conference to it.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Hello

It is possible to create additional "Privacy Relationships"?
    Out of the box only these relationships are available: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/communicator-help/control-access-to-your-presence-information-HA102145926.aspx#_Toc274315749
    Perhaps it would be possible to set an option in a custom "Privac Relationship" that the presence will not be displayed?

Regards,

Fabrizio Lamari

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Daniel,

1. Set-csclientpolicy –ShowManagePrivacyRelationships $true
    2. Tick Manage Privacy Relationships in the client

3. Add the domain you don’t want to be disturbed by to the blocked domains

4. Add any specific users you want to IM with to the contacts list

Alternatively you can go play with Set-csprivacyconfiguration which allows users by default to only generate presence to users on theuir contact list. This tends not to be granular enough though as you really want your GAL users to be visible, and federated users not to see presence.

Jed

Jed Please take a second to hit the green arrow on the left if the post was helpful, or mark it as an answer if it resolved your issue.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 6:44 AM
  • Yes,

Lync has the ability to filter each SIP message. It is possible, I can do it with my MSPL code.

I will share it on my blog soon.

Karl Bustamante

Monday, May 15, 2017 7:40 AM
  • Did you manage to write MSPL code to solve this KahSky?
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 9:00 AM