none
Telephone number in search results RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

is it possible to display phone number/extension in Skype search results?

Now it only shows Position and Department.

Having an phone extension would save few clicks and seconds, when you have to mouse over the profile picture and click on profile card.

Warm regards,

Jakub

• Edited by jakub dusek Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:31 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Jakub,

Do you mean view contact card of some user?

In my test, you can see the personal telephone number after you click the button Contact Card. Please refer to the image as below:

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 5:53 AM
  • I would like to display the phone number directly in search results:

alongside Position and Department.

Is it possible to choose what attributes are shown here?

Administrator setting/Group policy solution would also be welcome, I would like to apply the change to the whole organization.

Warm regards

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hi Jakub,

In my experience, you can write this information in the following field. Then the information will show in the contacts place.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi Jakub,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:50 AM
  • Hello, thanks for the suggestion.

This works only for favorites contacts - it is not showing in search results.

Also every single employee would have to fill this in.

I am looking for an autonomous solution:

is it possible to change (by user/ Group policy/ admin) displayed attributes in Skype results? by default it is Position and Department.

Warm regards,

Jakub

Friday, October 18, 2019 2:01 PM