none
Problems with lync federation and office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently enabled push notifications on our lync setup by creating the provider and then adding the push.lync.com domain as an allowed domain. Push notifications are working, but I've noticed that now it seems any company that is hosted at office365 I can see their presence now. If I go back and disable the provider I setup for the push notifications it will no longer show presence, but push notifications will no longer work as well. Is there a way around this or am I doing something wrong here?

Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please refer the following article about configuring Push Notification and check your configuration again:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh690047(v=ocs.14).aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Sean Xiao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 25, 2013 3:28 AM
  • Well scratch what I had above. So I ended up just re-configuring it. What I have now is a hosted provider to lync online and then I have two allowed domains. One of them is another partner using office 365. This works correctly. The other allowed domain is push.lync.com. This was working at one point, but now is not. Mobility service works correctly, but I'm just not getting push notifications working. If I open the client on an iphone it will then pop-up the message. Yet all tests seem to come back ok and then looking at the logs I'm not seeing any errors as well.
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:03 PM