none
SfB Profile Image not Pulling from Exchange/Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

• 1 user
    • Fully updated W10 pro
    • Fully updated and reinstalled Office 365 (can retrieve version if required)
    • All options for allowing Skype picture to be shown selected
    • change photo option greyed out
    • Picture is visible on outlook in account settings
    • can see other users pictures via skype and outlook etc
    • Reupload of picture on 365 makes no difference

What are my options?

Thanks,

Joe

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Joe,

Do you use Skype for Business online service?

Did it only happen on specific user?

I suggest that you may first try to clean the sip user cache under “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com”. And then re-login to check the result.

In my understanding, if using O365, you could change the user photo via Online portal, it should sync all related services (Exchange, Sharepoint, Lync). You may try to re-upload a photo with different pixel size (e.g. 64*64,96*96,648*648).

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:27 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Sorry for late response just managed to get a hold of customer to try this.

I renamed existing sip folder to .old and reopened skype. this didn't work

user will attempt to reupload image again and will let me know.

Thanks for help so far.

Joe

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 3:17 PM
  • Hi Shaw,

User update : Profile pic upload didn't work but it was applied to all other microsoft apps.

Thanks,

Joe.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:13 AM
  • Hi Joe,

Did it only happen on this specific user?

How about try to login this account with other machines?

I found a related blog about this scenario, please refer to this: https://ingogegenwarth.wordpress.com/2018/07/06/sfb-broken-profile-pics/comment-page-1/#Anchor_1

According it, please check the registry value.

For Skype for Business or Lync 2013 clients 16.0*:

Under “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync”, check

“AllowAdalForNonLyncIndependentOfLync”.

In addition, I think it may check the client log.

Delete the sip cache logs “%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\1x.0\Lync\Tracing”, re-login the client, and check the logs “Lync-UccApi-0.UccApilog” to see if there is any error.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Tried this today.

Sadly on the users machine, the reg fix cannot be done as the "Lync" folder doesnt exist.

Regarding the logs there are multiple errors including:

• CHidManager::EnumerateHidDevices - AddHidDevice failed 0x80070020
    • CHidManager::AddHidDevice - CreateFile(\\?\hid#converteddevice&col01#5&2c48e802&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}\kbd) failed with 0x80070005
    • CHidManager::EnumerateHidDevices - AddHidDevice failed 0x80070005

These errors on google point to windows updates, any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks,

Joe.

Monday, September 23, 2019 3:03 PM
  • Hi Joe,

If no this lync folder in registry, you may try to create it manually.

In addition, how about disable and re-enable this account?

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:07 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

By disable and reenable you mean retract his license temporaily?

Thanks,

Joe.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 11:12 AM
  • Hi Joe,

Yes, you could have a try to remove the Skype for Business license and re-add it.

According your description, it maybe something wrong in the backend for this account, as normally the profile picture should sync among all O365 services.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 1:30 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

Still no luck i'm afraid, any ideas why just SfB isn't pulling through unlike everything else?

Thanks,

Joe.

Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:53 AM
  • Hi Joe,

It may be related to somthing in the back-end, I suggest that you may try to connect the O365 support to check if there is anything wrong with this account.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Friday, September 27, 2019 10:33 AM
  • Hi Shaw,

I initially attempted to call O365 regarding this but was directed to this forum.

Do you have a number I can best ring on to get it sorted please?

Thanks,

Joe.

Friday, September 27, 2019 12:33 PM
  • Hi Joe,

I don’t know a certain number. You may go to “O365 admin center” page – “Support” – “New service request”.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Monday, September 30, 2019 5:48 AM