none
Mobile devices can't connect to lync server from LAN via Skype for Business app -- but Skype client for PC is just fine RRS feed

• Question

• We have an issue where mobile users can't connect to our Lync server from inside the LAN -- oddly enough this does not impact the Skype app running on PCs (so if you're using the desktop client inside the building -- you're just fine).

Alternatively, when the mobile client is connected to an external network or is on 4G the mobile app connects and works just fine.

I'm fairly certain that this is not a network/routing issue for 2 reasons:

1) The mobile client/apps are connecting to the server via the same SSID that the PCs are connecting to
    2) From my phone, I can see open ports on the internal lync server (like 443, 5061, 50000 etc)

I was wondering if the mobile app MUST connect to the edge server while the PC client can connect to the internal Lync server. 

Am I missing something? Thanks a ton for your input - I am most definitely not a Lync expert.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi jzachman,

You cannot sign in internal network.If you

Firstly ,please check the a record “Lyncdiscoverinternal.<sipdomain>” point to the FE server’s IP in your internal DNS.

Then, check the A record”lyncextwebFQDN.<sipdomain>” point to the RP’s public IP in public DNS.

Try to browse the URL https://lyncexternal. contoso.com/mcx/mcxservice.svc/mex in your web browser and we should receive an XML response

You could collect the log ,refer to the following screenshot.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 10:12 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 10, 2018 6:20 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Monday, May 14, 2018 11:30 AM