none
event id 25067 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have searched the net for this error on Lync 2010. I am getting this error on my mediation servers. I am not what to make of this. Has anyone seen this. Iam Cisco CUCM 8.6 as gateway. This is not happening with mediation servers connected to the same gateway.

Time: 2013/04/23 09:06:52 AM. Event description: The Mediation Server service has encountered a major call completion problem with the proxy peer. Proxy Peer FQDN: pool2@domain.com Cause: Calls to this Proxy peer failed 5 times with failure final responses. Check other MOM alerts for more details. Resolution: If the failure is due to CALL_FAILURES_DUE_TO_UNEXPECTED_PROXY_INTERACTION, there is some internal issue with the proxy peer's link to the Mediation Server (misconfiguration, load) that is causing it not to complete calls. Please consult the failure reports on the Monitoring Server for more details.

Regards Herbert Zimbizi

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can refer to this link:

http://mpwiki.viacode.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=9760

Please enabling logging tool to get report for further troubleshooting.

http://blog.schertz.name/2011/06/using-the-lync-logging-tool/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:07 AM
  • Hi Kent

Thank you for the response. I was hoping to get a response that explains how this error comes about. I have already been to the websites you referred to above. Iam fairly proficient using Lync Logging tool.

This is the kind of error that requires one to enable logging for the whole day because you do not know when it occurs or or what you are supposed to enable in logging. The logs that I have gathered so far failed to show the problem.

Regards Herbert Zimbizi

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 10:17 AM
  • Hi,

Mediation server queries the PSTN gateway with OPTIONS request. After five failed attempts, mediation server make this gateway as being down. Please try Test-CsPstnOutboundCall multiple times to see if the message reappears. Have you reviewed Call diagnostic report in monitoring server report?

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, April 29, 2013 1:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Monday, April 29, 2013 5:17 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Herbert Zimbizi Monday, April 29, 2013 7:28 AM
    Friday, April 26, 2013 10:20 AM
  • This same gateway is working fine with my other Mediation Servers. Besides, your suggestion above is applicable to situations where gateway is marked offline. In my case Gateway does not go down at all. The gateway remains up all the time. 

Regards Herbert Zimbizi

Monday, April 29, 2013 7:31 AM
  • I'm having the same issue on my environment.  Any fixes so far?  I am using Cisco for my gateway.  I can't see where there is a physical problem - but am concerned with this in the log files.  

-G

if my post is helpful - please click on the green arrow. (please excuse, in advance, any perceived sarcasm/humor - as I often forget it does not translate through text) :)

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Hi Herbert,

I am also getting the same alert in our SfB Environment. In my SfB environment Front End and the Mediation servers are co-located.

Like you mentioned in your earlier reply enabling and tracing the logs is not possible because it occues randomly in a day. The users are not having any complaints about Call failures. So  i am not sure why the following alert occurs.

===================================================================

Date and Time: 10/27/2016 5:43:35 PM 
    Log Name: Lync Server 
    Source: LS Mediation Server 
    Event Number: 25067 
    Level: 1 
    Logging Computer: SERVER01
    User: N/A 

Description: 
    The Mediation Server service has encountered a major call completion problem with the Front End. Front End FQDN: SERVER01
    Cause: Calls to this Front End failed 5 times with failure final responses. Check other MOM alerts for more details. 

Resolution: If the failure is due to CALL_FAILURES_DUE_TO_UNEXPECTED_PROXY_INTERACTION, there is some internal issue with the Front End's link to the Mediation Server (misconfiguration, load) that is causing it not to complete calls. Please consult the failure reports on the Monitoring Server for more details. 

===================================================================

Regards,

Yogesh S.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 10:36 AM
  • I'm also seeing this in our Skype for Business environment. Any luck on finding a solution? 
    Monday, March 27, 2017 7:59 PM
  • I have also the same issue. any news on this please?

Thanks,

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 8:53 AM
  • Hi Herbert,

This is difficult to troubleshoot. Sometimes it is a sip communication problem between the gateway and the mediation server.

To analyze this problem, you should activate tracing on the gateway and also cls logging (alwaysON) on the SfB Mediationserver.

With this traces, you can analyze this problem a littlebit deeper. Maybe it is a timer problem.

The traffic use TCP, so you can also use wireshark for analyzing.

best regards Holger Bunkradt Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com. 

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 11:58 AM