none
iPad Office Apps and on-premise SharePoint 2013 libraries RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to use the iPad Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with SharePoint 2013 document libraries that are located on premise?

We have an Office 365 subscription and an on-premise SharePoint 2013 environment.that is available via a reverse proxy.

Users want to be able to edit files stored in document libraries from the internal SharePoint 2013 environment when they are out of the office.

I have read that the version 1.2 of the OneDrive for Business app does include the ability to access the person's OneDrive for Business library on internal servers that use claims or forms based authentication. Does this mean that they can use the iPad Office apps to edit this content? What about libraries other than the "OneDrive for Business" library?

I'm also aware that SharePoint 2013 SP1 allows you to link to your "OneDrive for Business" library in your Office 365 environment. This is not what staff want to do in this case

Sunday, June 22, 2014 4:26 AM

All replies

• See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/use-the-onedrive-for-business-app-on-an-iphone-or-ipad-HA104005688.aspx#_Supported__authentication. Look at the note below the auth types supported, as well.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Sunday, June 22, 2014 5:54 AM
  • Thanks Trevor,

Do you know if the Office for iPad app support the same capabilities?

After looking at the two apps on my iPhone, my assumption is that the OneDrive for Business app only provides access to the "My Site"/"OneDrive for Business" library on Office 365 or on-premise, but the "Office for iPad/iPhone" app will let you access content from any library, as long as you meet the connection criteria. Does that sound right?

Regards

Ivan

Sunday, June 22, 2014 8:18 AM