none
Removing Office Communicator R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm having a problem removing the Office Communicator R2 client from a users PC. Everytime I uninstall it, it reappears in the programs list. Has anyone seen this before? Could anyone tell me how to completely remove it from the registry?

Thanks

Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:36 PM

Answers

• Hello,

the client was originally rolled out to users via GPO. I disabled this but I still got the same problem.

In the end I found that with some of the machines, some registry setting were still hanging around, I removed these on a test PC and it seemed to fix the problem.

Thank you guys for your assistance

• Proposed as answer by Barry Byrne Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:45 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have full permission to uninstall software from computer.

MOC registries are here: HCU\Software\Microsoft\Communicator

I would recommend you not just delete registries, it will get OS destroyed by mistake deleting registries, would you reinstall MOC software again, then uninstall it while not any other software running, should resolve your problem. 

Any updates let me know.

Best regards,
    Friday, August 20, 2010 8:16 AM
  • Hello,

Thank you for you response.

I've tried uninstalling the client and rebooting but it still appears. I also tried reinstalling and then uninstalling. I've even removed the registry setting that you haev suggested but its still shows.

It's very weird!

Friday, August 20, 2010 11:02 AM
  • Hi Angelbug,

How do you deploy the Communicator Client to your workstations? I was wondering if it was being deployed via GPO and when the workstation is being rebooted the software is being re-installed? When the Communicator Client appears in the Programs menu after uninstalling the program, can you successfully launch the client or does it produce an error?

Kind Regards.

Friday, August 20, 2010 5:04 PM
  • Hello,

the client was originally rolled out to users via GPO. I disabled this but I still got the same problem.

In the end I found that with some of the machines, some registry setting were still hanging around, I removed these on a test PC and it seemed to fix the problem.

Thank you guys for your assistance

• Proposed as answer by Barry Byrne Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Wednesday, August 25, 2010 2:32 AM
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 12:45 PM