none
Skype directory tab is missing RRS feed

• Question

• I complete deploy connectivity between Skype and Skype for Business according to the below article

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn705313.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

and after couple of days one the provisiong request completed from Microsoft Skype team the connectivity started and from Skype for Business client am able to add skype commercial contact and IM with users

but the big problem is the Skype Directory tab is missing i tried restart SfB servers, install latest update for SfB client but the issue still

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 1:06 PM

Answers

• can you run get-Get-CsPublicProvider from sfb management shell please and send us the output please.

perhaps try and remove and re add it. I have a page on my blog for this.

http://ucmart.uk/2015/06/15/enable-skype-for-business-directory-search/

Thanks

Martin

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:26 PM

All replies

• Did you specify the required port in Topology Builder, published the changes and ensure that any firewall ports to reach the external Skype servers in the cloud are allowed? Also, check that your federation settings (Control Panel / PowerShell) permit communications with external Skype consumer and that users are permitted via appropriate external access policy.

Note that you need at least one Skype for Business 2015 Edge server role in the infrastructure.

Thanks / rgds,

• Edited by Desmond Lee Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:45 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:43 PM

• Yes all of the required configuration completed successfully and am able to add skype contact and IM with it using the add external skype contact but the my issue is that Skype Directory tab is missing 

Thursday, October 8, 2015 7:42 AM
  • Hi Mohammed,

Have you tried removing and re adding the Skype hosting provider from the SfB Management Shell.

Remove-CsPublicProvider -Identity Skype

To re add use

New-CsPublicProvider -Identity Skype -ProxyFqdn federation.messenger.msn.com -IconUrl https://images.edge.messenger.live.com/Messenger_16x16.png
    -NameDecorationRoutingDomain msn.com – NameDecorationExcludedDomainList “msn.com,outlook.com,live.com,hotmail.com” -VerificationLevel UseSourceVerification -Enabled $true -EnableSkypeIdRouting $true -EnableSkypeDirectorySearch $true

Also have you allowed Port 443 outbound from your edge server for the Access Edge IP ?

In your external access policy have you allow Public IM access for your users ?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". Thank you. This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 8:13 AM
  • Hi Martin,

yes i removed the CsPublicProvider  and create it again using the above command also the External Policy allow user to connect with PIC and all of the required ports opened.

My users are able to add External Skype client using the old traditional method but they not able to see the Skype Directory tab

Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:37 PM
  • Hi Mohammad,

If you enter the users email address or skype id in the seach box does the skype directory tab appear then ?

Is skype directory search enabled in SfB topology on your edge server or pool ?

Thanks,

Martin

Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:38 PM
  • Hi Martin

if i typed Skype MSN address or Skype id the tab not appear Also on SfB topology on EDGE pool Skype federation is enabled and check box selected.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 12:56 PM
  • can you run get-Get-CsPublicProvider from sfb management shell please and send us the output please.

perhaps try and remove and re add it. I have a page on my blog for this.

http://ucmart.uk/2015/06/15/enable-skype-for-business-directory-search/

Thanks

Martin

Thursday, October 8, 2015 5:26 PM