none
LTSC 2019 SYSPRP Failed to remove apps for the current user: 0x80073cf2 Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience RRS feed

• Question

• LTSB 2016 upgraded in-place to LTSC 2019

It is my master image. Upgrade went OK, no files deleted!

Need to create syspreped image (as been doing it for over 3 years with that image)

And it fails with above error:

https://pastebin.com/gYkR21sR

It would be easy to deal with it, but I DO NOT have Microsoft.Windows.SecondaryTileExperience installed!!!!

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-AppxPackage | select name

Name
    ----
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.1
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.1
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.1
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.3
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.3
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.3
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.3
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.4
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.6
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.1.6
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.6
    Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.1.6
    Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
    Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
    Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost
    Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin
    Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost
    windows.immersivecontrolpanel
    Microsoft.Windows.Cortana
    Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager
    Windows.PrintDialog
    Windows.CBSPreview
    Microsoft.XboxGameCallableUI
    Microsoft.Windows.XGpuEjectDialog
    Microsoft.Windows.SecHealthUI
    Microsoft.Windows.PinningConfirmationDialog
    Microsoft.Windows.PeopleExperienceHost
    Microsoft.Windows.ParentalControls
    Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkConnectionFlow
    Microsoft.Windows.OOBENetworkCaptivePortal
    Microsoft.Windows.NarratorQuickStart
    Microsoft.Windows.CapturePicker
    Microsoft.Windows.AssignedAccessLockApp
    Microsoft.Windows.Apprep.ChxApp
    Microsoft.Win32WebViewHost
    Microsoft.MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient
    Microsoft.LockApp
    Microsoft.ECApp
    Microsoft.CredDialogHost
    Microsoft.BioEnrollment
    Microsoft.AsyncTextService
    Microsoft.AccountsControl
    InputApp
    F46D4000-FD22-4DB4-AC8E-4E1DDDE828FE
    E2A4F912-2574-4A75-9BB0-0D023378592B
    c5e2524a-ea46-4f67-841f-6a9465d9d515
    1527c705-839a-4832-9118-54d4Bd6a0c89
    Microsoft.Appconnector
    Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder

Sunday, October 7, 2018 4:17 PM

Answers

• It is not related to 1809 specifically. It was broken ever since 1511 !

But fortunately easy to fix.

Solution is here:

https://superuser.com/questions/1030769/windows-10-pro-doesnt-show-update-1511-build-10586/1031416

Once the registry entries were removed,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]
    "Upgrade"=-
    "UninstallActive"=dword:00000000
    "UninstallMark"=-
    "UninstallGUID"=-
    "UninstallSourceVersion"=-
    "UninstallScenario"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Upgrade]

; Adapt following key to the one actually present in your registry
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Source OS (Updated on 8/16/2015 11:36:09)]

sysprep run fine, but I did have to run it on newly created local account, as otherwise using administrator account would still give me error 0x80073cf2

• Marked as answer by scerazy Sunday, October 21, 2018 4:34 PM
    • Edited by scerazy Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:14 PM
    Sunday, October 21, 2018 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

I know that this post is mainly about the issues with syspreping a modified windows 10. But I also struggled with the issue that the "StateRepository-Machine.srd" database file seems to not be able to be edited in an easy way as it was possible in earlier Builds of Windows 10 prior to 1809. And the error of the SQLite Browser saying "no such function: workid" drove me crazy when I tried to edit any values. I had always used this technique to unblock locked system apps so they can be uninstalled.

To address the problem with the SQLite Browser error saying "no such function: workid", this is because the "StateRepository-Machine.srd" database has trigger functions defined, which will get triggered to execute if specific values are modified within the "Package" table. For some reasons these functions cannot execute when you try to modify the IsInbox value.

1. Bypassing the Error

To bypass this issue I found out, that you can temporarily delete those triggers, then edit your desired values, and then you can recreate those triggers. You can find the triggers under the tab "database structure" then scroll down to "triggers". Then watch for all triggers referring to the "Package" table. You can identify them by checking the statement in the schema column on the right side.

The Line says:

CREATE TRIGGER TRG_.... xxx .... ON Package ..... xxx .....

2. Exporting the Triggers for Backup

Now you can export those triggers by copying their create statements to a text file. You can later open this file in SQLite Browser a execute the statements to recreate the triggers. To do so right click the trigger, select "copy create statement" and then paste the line to a text file. At the moment there are 7 triggers. Copy the create statements of all affected triggers to the text file.

ATTENTION: Because the statements are wrapped into single lines they cannot be executed in SQLite Browser in this form. You have to expand the all the lines into multiline commands in the following form (watch the semicolons at the end of the actions line and after the END statement):

CREATE TRIGGER TRG_...... ..... ON Package ............
    BEGIN
       ........Actions/Operations/Definitions.......;
    END;

ATTENTION:
    The 7th and last trigger is tricky because the line ends like ......__WorkId"')END;END
    You have to put the last END statement to the 4th line and add a semicolon as already shown in the
    example above. Then you must INSERT A SPACE BETWEEN THE CLOSING BRAKET ) AND THE END; STATEMENT NEXT TO IT. Otherwise the command will not be executed and the trigger not be created.

It has to look like this:

BEGIN
       ........Actions/Operations/Definitions.......__WorkId"') END;
    END;

3. Deleting the triggers and applying the value changes

Now as the triggers are deleted you can modify the IsInbox values of the packages as desired without getting the error mentioned above.

4. Restoring the deleted triggers

To restore the previously deleted triggers you have to open and load the text file with the creation statements you created in step 2 in SQLite Browser and execute the whole script.

5. Automating the Process

I wrote a short example SQL script that automates the whole process of deleting the triggers, then
    editing the IsInbox values of the desired package names to 0 so the package can be uninstalled, and then recreating the previously deleted triggers. You can modify the script to meet your wishes which packages you would like to be able to uninstall.

ATTENTION: Please note that this script is just a template. You always have to check if the statements and names of the triggers are still matching to those in the database file of your Windows version. Also check the changing names and version strings of the package names. I tested this script with Windows 10 Pro 1809 (10.0.17763.1) 64-Bit.

Windows App-Deployment Database modification Script: https://pastebin.com/uJhpXD7j

Before writing the changes back to the database file check the IsInbox values and the presence of the
    triggers you deleted. If you safe the file without the triggers Windows is destroyed. I couldn't even open the Windows modern settings dialog after that.

After applying the script I was able to uninstall the blocked system apps as it was possible in earlier Windows builds. I hope this post is a little help to anyone who also has problems to unlock system apps since the newest build (1809) of Windows 10.

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

• Edited by SoftSonic83 Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by scerazy Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    Microsoft have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as they investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.
    If you have manually downloaded the Windows 10 October 2018 Update installation media, please don’t install it and wait until new media is available.
    Microsoft will provide an update when we resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.

Reference:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 8, 2018 1:07 PM
  • And that matters HOW?

That was only for the install bug!

If you have nothing constructive to say then better say nothing!

This issue appears all the time:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8zyarp/windows_10_sysprep/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/8gbgyx/1803_sysprep_issue/

As a user put it in one of the thread above (and how right it was!)

Microsoft and it's screwball appx garbage is an epic disaster

One could nicely do:

http://alexappleton.net/post/159702702033/windows-10-pro-remove-wireless-display-media

but by now MS even managed to bastardize they own StateRepository-Machine.srd

Edit of the which now results in error: "no such function: workid"
    (but see solution below from SoftSonic83)

• Edited by scerazy Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:16 PM
    Monday, October 8, 2018 2:42 PM
  • Can get rid of the idioptic error above by deleting (and system re-creating) both StateRepository-??????????.srd files

But now sysprep fails with error

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP RemoveUninstall:Failed to instantiate uninstall interface; hr = 0x80070003[gle=0x00000003]

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP Sysprep_Clean_Opk:Failed to remove Uninstall; hr = 0x80070003[gle=0x00000003]

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP ActionPlatform::LaunchModule: Failure occurred while executing 'Sysprep_Clean_Opk' from C:\Windows\System32\spopk.dll; dwRet = 0x3[gle=0x00000003]

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP SysprepSession::ExecuteAction: Failed during sysprepModule operation; dwRet = 0x3[gle=0x00000003]

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP SysprepSession::ExecuteInternal: Error in executing action for Microsoft-Windows-Sysprep-SpOpk; dwRet = 0x3[gle=0x00000003]

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP SysprepSession::Execute: Error in executing actions from C:\Windows\System32\Sysprep\ActionFiles\Cleanup.xml; dwRet = 0x3

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error SYSPRP RunPlatformActions:Failed while executing Sysprep session actions; dwRet = 0x3

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = 0x3

2018-10-05 08:26:39, Error [0x0f00a8] SYSPRP WinMain:Hit failure while processing sysprep cleanup providers; hr = 0x80070003

So basically Sysprep in 1809 is broken & DOES NOT WORK!

• Edited by scerazy Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:06 PM
    Sunday, October 14, 2018 6:05 PM
  • do you solve it ,I face the same error!!!
    Monday, October 15, 2018 7:25 AM
  • No, it is completely buggered & unusable as it stands!
    Monday, October 15, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Hi,
    According to my research, Microsoft does not support the following Sysprep scenarios:
    Upgrades
    Microsoft does not support the use of Sysprep to create images of an installation that has been upgraded. For example, if you install Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows 98, or Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (Me) and then upgrade to Microsoft Windows XP, you cannot use Sysprep to create a new image of that installation. Sysprep is only supported on clean installations. This restriction also applies to in-place upgrades, such as Windows XP-to-Windows XP upgrades.
    Microsoft supports the use of Sysprep to create images of an installation that has been updated with a service pack.
    For more details we can refer to the article:

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:25 AM
  • According to my research, Microsoft does not support the following Sysprep scenarios:
    Upgrades

No longer true:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/sysprep--system-preparation--overview

Specifically:

Beginning with Windows 10, version 1607, Sysprep can be used to prepare an image that has been upgraded. For example:

• You can start with a computer that runs Windows 10, version 1511 or Windows 10, version 1507.
    • Upgrade the computer to run Windows 10, version 1607.
    • Run Sysprep generalize on the upgraded image, re-capture the updated image, and deploy the image to new devices.
    This process allows enterprises to efficiently and continuously roll out up-to-date Windows 10 deployment images

Now, whether it's a good idea is another matter - I'd certainly agree that, if possible, images should be built afresh from the installation materials for each new build (and ideally that process should be automated). But, if you want to sysprep an upgraded image, it is something that is supposed to work, according to the docs.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:19 AM
  • It definitely worked in the past.

No need to mention anything below Win10 in this discussion, as none of this relates any more and it just brings false assumptions

The usual rubbish “help” from MSFT CSG (whatever it stands for!)

Seb

• Edited by scerazy Friday, October 19, 2018 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2018 6:41 AM
  • It is not related to 1809 specifically. It was broken ever since 1511 !

But fortunately easy to fix.

Solution is here:

https://superuser.com/questions/1030769/windows-10-pro-doesnt-show-update-1511-build-10586/1031416

Once the registry entries were removed,

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup]
    "Upgrade"=-
    "UninstallActive"=dword:00000000
    "UninstallMark"=-
    "UninstallGUID"=-
    "UninstallSourceVersion"=-
    "UninstallScenario"=-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Upgrade]

; Adapt following key to the one actually present in your registry
    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Source OS (Updated on 8/16/2015 11:36:09)]

sysprep run fine, but I did have to run it on newly created local account, as otherwise using administrator account would still give me error 0x80073cf2

• Marked as answer by scerazy Sunday, October 21, 2018 4:34 PM
    • Edited by scerazy Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:14 PM
    Sunday, October 21, 2018 4:24 PM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your update and sharing. I’m very glad that the issue has been solved.

As always, if there is any issue in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again. We are happy to assist you!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Thursday, November 1, 2018 7:56 AM
  • You DID NOT assist me!
    Monday, November 5, 2018 12:26 PM
  • Hi,

I know that this post is mainly about the issues with syspreping a modified windows 10. But I also struggled with the issue that the "StateRepository-Machine.srd" database file seems to not be able to be edited in an easy way as it was possible in earlier Builds of Windows 10 prior to 1809. And the error of the SQLite Browser saying "no such function: workid" drove me crazy when I tried to edit any values. I had always used this technique to unblock locked system apps so they can be uninstalled.

To address the problem with the SQLite Browser error saying "no such function: workid", this is because the "StateRepository-Machine.srd" database has trigger functions defined, which will get triggered to execute if specific values are modified within the "Package" table. For some reasons these functions cannot execute when you try to modify the IsInbox value.

1. Bypassing the Error

To bypass this issue I found out, that you can temporarily delete those triggers, then edit your desired values, and then you can recreate those triggers. You can find the triggers under the tab "database structure" then scroll down to "triggers". Then watch for all triggers referring to the "Package" table. You can identify them by checking the statement in the schema column on the right side.

The Line says:

CREATE TRIGGER TRG_.... xxx .... ON Package ..... xxx .....

2. Exporting the Triggers for Backup

Now you can export those triggers by copying their create statements to a text file. You can later open this file in SQLite Browser a execute the statements to recreate the triggers. To do so right click the trigger, select "copy create statement" and then paste the line to a text file. At the moment there are 7 triggers. Copy the create statements of all affected triggers to the text file.

ATTENTION: Because the statements are wrapped into single lines they cannot be executed in SQLite Browser in this form. You have to expand the all the lines into multiline commands in the following form (watch the semicolons at the end of the actions line and after the END statement):

BEGIN
       ........Actions/Operations/Definitions.......;
    END;

ATTENTION:
    The 7th and last trigger is tricky because the line ends like ......__WorkId"')END;END
    You have to put the last END statement to the 4th line and add a semicolon as already shown in the
    example above. Then you must INSERT A SPACE BETWEEN THE CLOSING BRAKET ) AND THE END; STATEMENT NEXT TO IT. Otherwise the command will not be executed and the trigger not be created.

It has to look like this:

BEGIN
       ........Actions/Operations/Definitions.......__WorkId"') END;
    END;

3. Deleting the triggers and applying the value changes

Now as the triggers are deleted you can modify the IsInbox values of the packages as desired without getting the error mentioned above.

4. Restoring the deleted triggers

To restore the previously deleted triggers you have to open and load the text file with the creation statements you created in step 2 in SQLite Browser and execute the whole script.

5. Automating the Process

I wrote a short example SQL script that automates the whole process of deleting the triggers, then
    editing the IsInbox values of the desired package names to 0 so the package can be uninstalled, and then recreating the previously deleted triggers. You can modify the script to meet your wishes which packages you would like to be able to uninstall.

ATTENTION: Please note that this script is just a template. You always have to check if the statements and names of the triggers are still matching to those in the database file of your Windows version. Also check the changing names and version strings of the package names. I tested this script with Windows 10 Pro 1809 (10.0.17763.1) 64-Bit.

Windows App-Deployment Database modification Script: https://pastebin.com/uJhpXD7j

Before writing the changes back to the database file check the IsInbox values and the presence of the
    triggers you deleted. If you safe the file without the triggers Windows is destroyed. I couldn't even open the Windows modern settings dialog after that.

After applying the script I was able to uninstall the blocked system apps as it was possible in earlier Windows builds. I hope this post is a little help to anyone who also has problems to unlock system apps since the newest build (1809) of Windows 10.

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

• Edited by SoftSonic83 Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:01 AM
    • Marked as answer by scerazy Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 12:44 AM
  • WOW, that's what I call a PROPER post!

I did hope somebody would get this sorted & here it is in all its glory.

Good find & perfect write-up Steve, many thanks!

Seb

• Edited by scerazy Wednesday, November 7, 2018 3:30 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 10:13 AM
  • Hi,
    Thank you very much for your sharing, SoftSonic83, it is helpful.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Thursday, November 8, 2018 3:54 AM
  • Hi scerazy,
    Hi Daisy Zhou,
    Hi Community,

Many Thanks for your appreciation. After writing the Answer Post above, I thought about making a Script to completely automate all the necessary Steps, needed to unprotect System Apps, so that they can be removed afterwards. And here it is now - The AppxDBEditor:

I made a Menu- and Dialog-Driven Batch-Script that operates based on a Configuration File in which you can specify the Names of the Packages and their respective Protection States that have to be set by the Script. The Script provides the following features:

Core Script Features:

• Menu- and Dialog-Driven User Interaction with Error-Handling
    • Automated Request for Admin Rights so "Run-As-Admin" isn't needed
    • Script can be run from any Folder or Network Path if you have corresponding Rights
    • Support for Paths including Spaces
    • The Ability to manipulate the Appx-Database File protected by the SYSTEM User directly
      without changing Owner or any ACLs by running the Commands in the SYSTEM Users Context
    • A Config File including the Packages to be modified with Support for Comments (#)
    • Partial Package Names can be used in the Config File to address similar Packages at once
      and to keep the File independend of Package Versions
    • A Backup of the Appx-Database is created before making any Changes
    • Automatic Result Verification by Checking the new States against the Config File
    • The generated SQL-Script is placed in the Working Directory afterwards for Inspection

Functional Features:

• An Option to automatically modify the Appx-Database based on the Config File
    • An Option to export a Dump of all Packages in the Database and their Protection State
    • A Test Mode that only generates the SQL-Files without making any Changes to the Database
    • An Option to select another Appx-Database File
    • An Option to select another Appx-Package List File
    • An Option to select another Appx-Package Dump File
    • An Option to restore Default Paths and Settings

Screenshot:

APPX-DB Modification Script v1.0 by SoftSonic83

By now the Script has reached Final Version 1.0 and has been sucessfully tested on Version 1809 of Windows. So if you're interested please let me know. I would like to share it with the Community but I don't know what would be the best Way to Publish it. I thought about GitHub or something. If you had any good Idea where to post the Script i would be grateful.

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

• Edited by SoftSonic83 Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:00 AM
    Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:35 AM
  • Hi Daisy Zhou,

Many Thanks for your appreciation. I made a Script that automates the Process of Changing the Protection States of Appx-Packages. Please see my previous Answer Post and Screenshot if you're interested. I would like to share the Script with the Community if there's any Interest.

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

Saturday, November 24, 2018 1:47 AM
  • Thank you so much for posting this! This reply is the only thing that worked for me, and I want to do everything I can to emphasize this as a likely correct solution.

PLEASE TRY THIS IF YOUR SYSPREP FAILS IN 1809.

In case the original comment was a bit unclear as to what keys to delete, here's what worked for me:

1. Go into [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup] and delete the entry called "Upgrade" and any entries that start with "Uninstall"
    2. Delete the entire key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Upgrade]
    3. Delete the entire key (or keys if there is more than 1) [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Source OS]
    4. Reboot
    Monday, November 26, 2018 3:13 PM
  • If you delete a profile with wmi, appxsvc runs a thread for each profile deleted, with full priority, to cleanup the appx packages for that user.  Deleting a lot of profiles can easily overwhelm a machine.  Something funny may happen after an upgrade, where a package is no longer present in the os.  I remember I had to copy the package from the older os to get things to work.

Here's a hackey way to look at the packageuser database using powershell and the sqlite shell:

'select * from packageuser' |
    sqlite3.exe -csv -header C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\StateRepository-Machine.srd |
    convertfrom-csv | ft | more

_PackageUserID _Revision _WorkId _ShadowId _IsMarkedForDeletion _Created _Modified Package User InstallTime
    -------------- --------- ------- --------- -------------------- -------- --------- ------- ---- -----------
    827            2         0       0         0                    0        0         223     3    131644993518661525
    828            2         0       0         0                    0        0         222     3    131644993520247580
    6992           2         0       0         0                    0        0         646     5    131741677468402361

• Edited by JS2010 Monday, November 26, 2018 8:40 PM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 7:01 PM
  • By now the Script has reached Final Version 1.0 and has been sucessfully tested on Version 1809 of Windows. So if you're interested please let me know. I would like to share it with the Community but I don't know what would be the best Way to Publish it. I thought about GitHub or something. If you had any good Idea where to post the Script i would be grateful.

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

How about using: TechNet Gallery

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 9:47 AM
  • After cleanup of AppX garbage, setting the status:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\SysprepStatus\GeneralizationState\

CleanupState:2
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\Status\SysprepStatus\GeneralizationState\

GeneralizationState:7

And following the above!!! Much appreciated, worked like a champ. Sysprep away!!!

Friday, December 21, 2018 6:42 PM
  • @ SoftSonic83

Was the editor ever published anywhere?

Seb

Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:10 PM
  • Hey man, I would really love to get a copy of this, as I need to rip microsoft.windows.holographicfirstrun out by the roots and I'm bashing my brain against a mental wall trying to figure it out.

Have you put it up anywhere yet?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 11:07 PM
  • Hi Scerazy,

I´m about to publish the Script on Technet Gallery, but when I click Save, or Save and Publish I get a Message saying I dont have the Permission to Upload Files, so I cannot publish it at the Moment. The Website says I need a Reputation on the Gallery first but how can I get a Reputation when I`m not allowed to post ??? They say I could work together with another Community Member for my first Post, but I dont know how to do this.

Sorry you don’t have enough privileges to post an article on the Wiki.

Do you have any Idea?

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi Tebulot,

I´m about to publish the Script on Technet Gallery, but when I click Save, or Save and Publish I get a Message saying I dont have the Permission to Upload Files, so I cannot publish it at the Moment. The Website says I need a Reputation on the Gallery first but how can I get a Reputation when I`m not allowed to post ??? They say I could work together with another Community Member for my first Post, but I dont know how to do this.

Sorry you don’t have enough privileges to post an article on the Wiki.

Do you have any Idea?

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

Friday, January 11, 2019 7:37 AM
  • Hi scerazy,
    Hi tebulot,
    Hi Community,

>>> IMPORTANT: The Topic concerning the AppxDBEditor is Continued in this Thread <<<

AppxDBEditor Discussion Thread

The AppxDBEditor Script (Version 1.2) has now been finally published at GitHub since Microsoft Technet Gallery won't let me upload anything without contributing hundrets of Forum Posts first.

So if you're interested in the Script, please visit my new Repo at GitHub:

Link to my Repo at GitHub:
        AppxDBEditor by SoftSonic83

Link to the Release of Version 1.2:

AppxDBEditor Version 1.2

In the Repo you can either Click "Clone or download" and then select "Download ZIP" to download the latest Commit of the complete Repo. If you click the Link to the Release above you can Download the Release Version 1.2 of the AppxDBEditor.

Run the Batch-File "AppxDBEditor.cmd" by simply double-clicking, it automatically requests Administrative Rights.

For the first Start I would recommend the following Scenario:

1. Carefully read all Menu Options and check if all the Paths shown in the Main Menu are correct
    2. Manually create a Backup of your current Appx-DB Files by using Option (B) first
    3. Use Option (D) to Dump the current Protection State (IsInbox-Values = 0 or 1) of all your Apps into a
        File
    4. Inspect the Dump File. For a better Overview I would recommend to remove the Lines of all Apps
        you're not interested to change their Protection State.
    5. Open or create the AppxPackageList Config File you plan to use and check its Contents against the
        Package Names in the Dump File for Correctness. You only have to specify the partial Appx Package
        Names. Be careful if you select a partial Name too short it may affect more Appx Packages you want.
        Always keep in Mind that MS somtimes changes Names of Packages over the Editions.
        If you use the predefined Config File provided you can remove the Lines for all Packages you don't
        want to modify. If a Package defined in the Config File is not Part of your System, the Script will ignore
        this Package when examining the Results back against the Config File.
    6. When using an Appx-DB File or Config File under different Paths from the Default Paths, please use
        Options (1-4) to redirect the Script to those alternative Paths. You can Restore the Default Paths by
        Selecting Option (R) or by restarting the Script.
    7. Use Option (M) to Start the Modification Process. A Backup will automatically be created during this
        Process too. Please read all Messages shown carefully. After the Process has completed a temporary
        Dump of the Appx DB is created and automatically checked against the Config File by the Script. You
        can inspect which Operations the SQLite Interpreter has performed by watching the File
        "ResultScript.sql" created in the Scripts Root Path.
    8. For Insurance create another Appx-DB Dump by Using Option (D) again. Please check if all Apps
        selected in the Config File have now the desired Protection State within the Dump Output.
    9. If everything worked well, you can now directly remove those unprotected Apps without restarting
        your PC. Some Apps are now appearing in the modern Apps Dialog an can be removed by GUI. Others
        have to be removed by the known PowerShell CMD-lets:

List all User Apps:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Select Name,PackageFullName

Remove a Single User App by Name:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name <AppName> | Foreach {Remove-AppxPackage -Package "$($_.PackageFullName)" -Verbose}

Remove Multiple User Apps by Names:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | `
       Where-Object { `
          ($_.Name –Like "*Alarms*") -Or `
          ($_.Name –Like "*Music*") -Or `
          ($_.Name –Like "*Photos*") `
       } | `
    Remove-AppxPackage -Verbose

Remove all User Apps except those specified by Names:

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | `
       Where-Object { `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*HEIFImageExtension*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*Microsoft.NET*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*Microsoft.VCLibs*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*MicrosoftEdge*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*Store*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*VP9VideoExtensions*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*WebMediaExtensions*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*WebpImageExtension*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*Win32WebViewHost*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*WindowsCalculator*") -And `
          ($_.Name –Notlike "*WindowsCamera*") `
       } | `
    Remove-AppxPackage -Verbose

Remove all User Apps (CAUTION):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage -Verbose

List all System Provisioned Apps:

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Select DisplayName,PackageName

Remove a single System Provisioned App by Name:

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -Name <AppName> | Foreach {Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -Verbose}

Remove multiple System Provisioned Apps by Names:

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | `
       Where-Object { `
          ($_.DisplayName –Like "*Alarms*") -Or `
          ($_.DisplayName –Like "*Music*") -Or `
          ($_.DisplayName –Like "*Photos*") `
       } | `
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -Verbose

Remove all
    System Provisioned Apps except those specified by Names:

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | `
       Where-Object { `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*HEIFImageExtension*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*Microsoft.NET*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*Microsoft.VCLibs*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*MicrosoftEdge*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*Store*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*VP9VideoExtensions*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*WebMediaExtensions*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*WebpImageExtension*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*Win32WebViewHost*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*WindowsCalculator*") -And `
          ($_.DisplayName –Notlike "*WindowsCamera*") `
       } | `
       ForEach { `
          ECHO "Removing Provisioned Appx-Package [$($_.DisplayName)]`r`n"; `
          Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName "$($_.PackageName)" -Verbose `
       }

Remove all
    System Provisioned Apps (CAUTION):

Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Foreach {Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -Verbose}

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

• Edited by SoftSonic83 Saturday, February 2, 2019 3:14 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 1:02 AM
  • Most amazing! Thanks a lot

Seb

Friday, February 1, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Hi tebulot,

The Script was finally released on GitHub. Please see my Post below.

>>> IMPORTANT: The Topic concerning the AppxDBEditor is Continued in this Thread <<<

Concering your request for Removing the Package "microsoft.windows.holographicfirstrun". This Package is Part of pervious Versions of Windows. In newer Builds it was either renamed, removed or merged into other Packages. If you want to rip out this Component out of your Windows 10 Installation I made an Example Config File in the "Examples" Folder of the AppxDBEditor named "UnlockHolographic.txt".

Here the complete Process:

1. Download & Run the AppxDBEditor applying the provided Example Config File as described in APPENDIX I: Example Scenario for Getting Started in Link.
    2. After unprotecting the Package "microsoft.windows.holographicfirstrun" remove it by Running the following Commands in an elevated PowerShell:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name "*Holographic*" | Foreach {Remove-AppxPackage -Package "$($_.PackageFullName)" -Verbose}
    Get-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online | Where-Object {$_.DisplayName –Like "*Holographic*"} | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -Verboselklknlkn

3. Download the Tool "install_wim_tweak.exe" from the following Location LINK and run the following
           Commands in a elevated Command Prompt:

install_wim_tweak.exe /o /l
           install_wim_tweak.exe /o /c "Microsoft-Windows-Holographic" /r
           install_wim_tweak.exe /h /o /l

4. Restart your PC and the Package is completely gone. Optional you can inspect the following Folders
           for any Leftovers and delete them:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Packages
           %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository
           %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppRepository\Packages
           %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps
           %windir%\InfusedApps\Applications
           %windir%\InfusedApps\Frameworks
           %windir%\InfusedApps\Packages
           %windir%\SystemApps

Best Regards
    -Steve-

• Edited by SoftSonic83 Saturday, February 2, 2019 3:45 AM
    Saturday, February 2, 2019 12:06 AM
  • Hi scerazy,

Best Regards,
    -Steve-

Saturday, February 2, 2019 3:17 AM