none
Skype for Business EWS not working on a single user

Question

• Hi!

So, straight into the point just like the topic said, we have a single user who's Skype for Business can't get EWS connection established. Problem with the user is that no conversation history is saved, nor meetings. MAPI status is OK. We are using O365 and on-premises Skype.

Tried pretty much everything from site called: The Complete guide to Troubleshoot Lync/Skype for business – Outlook Clients Integration (unfortunately I can't paste URL to this). 1st suggestion in google.

Still no go. I'm pretty new to whole Lync / Skype thing so consider myself a noob in this field of area.

When looking users Skype for Business config file (Skype for business -> ctrl + right click -> config file(?)), it says in EWS line, EWS status not OK. However as I said, everybody else's EWS status is OK. Also when I checked users EWS status with powershell, it says that EWS is enabled for user.

Anyways, any fresh ideas to try or things to look? Thx in advance!

Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:44 AM

All replies

• There must be something different for this user. Is this the only user with the issue? What pool is this user assigned to? (The O365 pool or the on prem pool)

-Don

Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:46 PM
  • Hi EV-fin,

Did you mean this issue just occur to specific user?

If that, please refer to the following steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Create a new SFB profile on a new PC to check if the issue persist
    2. Try to rebuild a new SIP on affected PC
    3. Run “Get-CsUser <SIP address>” for working user and affected user to check if there are any different attributes.

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 21, 2017 8:09 AM