none
Registry key for Do Not Disturb RRS feed

• Question

• We're trying to change the default setting for Communicator Do Not Distrub status. However this isn't a setting that's covered in group policy and I'm struggling to find the registry key. I've also had a look in the OCS database to see if this is a server side setting.
    I've used Regshot to compare registry keys before and after the change, but the only 3 I see are:-
    HKCU\Software\IM Providers\Communicator\UpAndRunning (appears to show whether Communicator is loaded)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Communicator\WindoRect (appears to be window location)
    HKCU\SessionInformation\ProgramCount (appears to be no of active programs)
    As none of these appear to relate to DND any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:49 PM

Answers

• The user's presence status is not stored in a registry key on a workstation, but is stored in the OCS SQL database in a table that stores the user's data.  The central location of this data is how other users are able to 'see' the presence as it is being offered to them via the SQL database, not from the signed-in user's client workstation.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    • Marked as answer by BKR154 Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Im pretty sure it will be on rtcdyn since that holds DB holds de dynamic info, such as presence status.

I'll have a look to see if i can find the table.

Regards,

Hugo Picão
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:44 PM

All replies

• The user's presence status is not stored in a registry key on a workstation, but is stored in the OCS SQL database in a table that stores the user's data.  The central location of this data is how other users are able to 'see' the presence as it is being offered to them via the SQL database, not from the signed-in user's client workstation.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Jeff,

Thanks for the quick reply. Would you have any idea where in SQL this data is held? We're looking through rtc, rtcconfig and rtcdyn databases, but no table is jumping out as where the DND option is (presumably it's a subset of presence status).
    As mentioned we're trying to change the DND default setting (ie from 'Display all alerts, but only conversation alerts from people in my Team access level' to 'Do not display alerts'), rather than simply set presence to DND.
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:47 PM
  • Im pretty sure it will be on rtcdyn since that holds DB holds de dynamic info, such as presence status.

I'll have a look to see if i can find the table.

Regards,

Hugo Picão
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:44 PM