none
Load Balance Call to PSTN Skype For Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Hi Team,

I have skype for business enable enterprise voice with audiocode GW configure.

I have 80 Analog lines separate into 4 Audiocodes GW,

My question is, how we configure load balance for PSTN call ?

my goal is,

1. User still able to doing PSTN call if one of the GW is going down
    2. Prevent user only access one GW and the rest of the GW traffic is empty

please share the configuration :)

Thanks

Regards

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 9:50 AM

Answers

• There are a few ways to handle this, and it depends on how you have the gateways configured, but assuming you have four gateways and four trunks set up:

A) You could put all the gateways into a single route, and they would round robin between eachother.  If one was busy it should fail to another assuming the SIP message returned triggers the gateway to be temporarily marked down.

B) You could give each gateway it's own route, and each route it's own PSTN Usage.  Within multiple voice policies, have some list PSTN Usages using GatewayA, then B, then C, then D.  Others could list GatewayD first, then C, then B, than A, or other combinations.  If GatewayA is full, and responds as such. 

If the response when all lines are busy from the AudioCodes to Lync doesn't cause the system to failover to another gateway, you can rewrite the gateway message to a 503 or equivalent using New-CsSipResponseCodeTranslationRule 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:31 PM
  • Hi Ichwan Lubis,

Agree with Anthony.

As a supplement, I will share a document about Voice Routes Configured for Load Balancing, please refer to
    http://blogs.perficient.com/microsoft/2011/08/distinguishing-between-voice-routes-configured-for-load-balancing-vs-voice-policies-configured-for-failover-and-least-cost-routing-in-lync-server-2010/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ichwan Lubis Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:36 AM

All replies

• There are a few ways to handle this, and it depends on how you have the gateways configured, but assuming you have four gateways and four trunks set up:

A) You could put all the gateways into a single route, and they would round robin between eachother.  If one was busy it should fail to another assuming the SIP message returned triggers the gateway to be temporarily marked down.

B) You could give each gateway it's own route, and each route it's own PSTN Usage.  Within multiple voice policies, have some list PSTN Usages using GatewayA, then B, then C, then D.  Others could list GatewayD first, then C, then B, than A, or other combinations.  If GatewayA is full, and responds as such. 

If the response when all lines are busy from the AudioCodes to Lync doesn't cause the system to failover to another gateway, you can rewrite the gateway message to a 503 or equivalent using New-CsSipResponseCodeTranslationRule 

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017 6:31 PM
  • Hi Ichwan Lubis,

Agree with Anthony.

As a supplement, I will share a document about Voice Routes Configured for Load Balancing, please refer to
    http://blogs.perficient.com/microsoft/2011/08/distinguishing-between-voice-routes-configured-for-load-balancing-vs-voice-policies-configured-for-failover-and-least-cost-routing-in-lync-server-2010/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Ichwan Lubis Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:47 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:36 AM
  • Nice :)

Thanks All, I will choose option A to put all gateway in the same route

Regards

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 2:47 AM