none
Lync 2010 to Skype migrate user conference issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am doing a swing migration from Lync 2010 to Skype 2015. installation was completed and I moved one user today.

after moving one user, I dialin and used migrated user conference ID. Call failed and I was not able to join a meeting as an Attendee and also as an organizer itself.

msg "Sorry, I can't seem to connect to your meeting right now. please try to call again later". when I move the user back to Lync 2010, all seems to work.

My CStrunckconfiguration for REFER is the same in Lync 2010 and Skype. Dial-in conference access number  is still connected to Lync 2010 pool during this testing.

How can both working together?

If both cannot work together, can I move my CSDialinConferenceAccessNumber to Skype for testing after hours and move back to Lync once test is complete. if yes, does this change and rollback will impact my Lync 2010.

Thanks

Zak

ZakBhai

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 4:14 AM

All replies

• Hi ZakBhai,

Please refer to this similar link:

https://www.kraftkennedy.com/lync-2010-to-lync-2013-migration-issue-with-dial-in-conferencing/

Have a try to turn off the REFER option in Skype for Business 2015 server and check the result.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:38 AM
  • Thanks for sharing the article, I already viewed it and it does not reflect the issue I am facing. in that article he had issues of mismatch configuration b/w 2010 and 2015.

"Just set the Lync 2013 REFER method support to “None” and save the settings to
    match the Lync 2010 environment."

ZakBhai

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:34 PM
  • Hi,

I found this related case:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/08c8dd45-f02e-422c-a74b-39c3df304b4e/lync-2010-migrate-to-skype-for-business-dial-in-conference?forum=ocsconferencing

Maybe you could have a try to disable the REFER.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 9:49 AM
  • so here is the conclusion.

If you migrate user from Lync 2010 to Skype 2015 , Lync 2010 Dial-in access number and trunk configuration will not work for skype 2015 user. You have to create a separate Dial-in access number and trunk configuration for Skype 2015 user. which means Skype 2015 user will have to update all of their future meeting with new information.

OR

I am still testing will update the forum with 2nd option.  Stay Tuned..

ZakBhai

Monday, September 16, 2019 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Thursday, September 19, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Here is the update,

During Lync 2010 and Skype 2015 swing migration, Dial-in configuration of Lync 2010 will not work for Skype 2015 users. its not a shared component. you have to create a separate Dial-in Configuration for Skype for Business user in which all the migrated user will have to update the meetings.

best way to do it to schedule the migration.

1- Migrate all users

2- Move Dial-in configuration.

3- update mediation server to use Skype FE servers. (we have our own on-prem Call Manager)

4- schedule to update DNS

5- Decommission Lync 2010.

There are a lot of blog and video discussing this, I might miss few steps here.. I will update this forum once I have completely migrated and decom the lync 2010.

ZakBhai

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:04 PM
  • Hi ZakBhai,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Friday, September 27, 2019 9:02 AM