none
RDP Client Randomly Crashes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Titan workstation with a RDP connection to a Dell precision. The Dell will randomly (minutes to hours into connection) reboot. When I am able to get back into it, the event viewer shows DCOM errors around the time of the crash and Service Control Manager errors. I've looked around the web as best I can, tried several fixes, to no avail. The Dell stays up on its own as long as I don't remote into it, so of course I suspect RDP as the culprit, but am not techy enough to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Saturday, November 16, 2019 1:18 PM

All replies

• could you please share event viewer screenshot.
    Saturday, November 16, 2019 4:46 PM
  • Site not letting me do so until it "verifies my account"?

Latest seems to have a WHEA-Logger error 47 just at crash with error 47..

Saturday, November 16, 2019 10:05 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, problem(remote system random reboots) only happens when establish remote desktop connection to the remote system.

I want to confirm with you if you establish the remote desktop connection using Windows system built-in MSTSC (Remote Desktop Connection)?

Please try to re-boot remote system in Clean Boot, with all 3rd party process disabled, and do not manually start any 3rd party process. Then, using MSTSC to establish remote desktop connection from Titan workstation to it and confirm that if problem happens again. It would be helpful for us to identify whether it is 3rd party process relate problem. 

How to perform a clean boot in Windows:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Also, if possible, please run “sfc /scannow” on remote system to check/repair system files.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, November 22, 2019 2:08 AM