none
Skype for Business - Unable to Join as Guest on Mac RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

I have had a strange issue this morning when trying to join a Skype meeting from my Mac as a Guest.

The Join as Guest button does not work. It is active but clicking it takes me nowhere. There is just no response.

Can i get some quick help on this?

Some basic information that may be relevant:

-I am trying to connect to a Skype meeting set up by an organization that I have to join as a participant. (It is not just an audio call but a presentation based discussion)

-I have macOS Mojave version 10.14.2 (18C54)
    -I do not have an Office 365 account so cannot log in through that.

-I have installed SfB using skypeforbusinessinstaller-16.27.0.37.pkg that's available online.

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 9:09 AM

Answers

• This is how it has started working for me:
    1.  Start the Skype for Business app first

2.  In the window that appears (it asks you to Enter the URL of your meeting), don't do that - instead click on Join as Guest in this window.

3. In the following window, enter the URL, your name and then click Join as Guest

I hope this works for you. My colleagues and I who use Mac are all using this method for our meetings and it's working fine.

Cheers

Meenu

Thanks! Meenu

• Marked as answer by Meenu Iyer Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:19 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Meenu,

Did it work before?

I noticed you have installed the latest Skype for Business for mac client, and in my research, I saw some issues on Mojave, I suggest you update the OS to the latest to check if it helps.

In another way, you could try to uninstall and reinstall the Skype for Business client

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/skypeforbusiness/troubleshoot/server-install-or-uninstall/clean-uninstallation

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 5:32 AM
  • Hi Shaw

Thanks for responding!

Skype was working fine till March when I used it last. 

I have been working on the same macbook with the same version of Mojave which I updated just this morning to check if that would make a difference. It hasn't worked. 

I've tried uninstalling Skype too as per the instructions. I could not find the /Library files mentioned in the note. I did delete the keychain entry for Skype.

Any suggestions?

Thursday, July 11, 2019 5:27 AM
  • Hi Meenu,

Use developer mode in Safari, try different “User Agent”, and open the invitation link to do a test.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 15, 2019 7:04 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 3:06 AM
  • I'm having a similar issue. Was there a resolution to this?
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:55 PM
  • This is how it has started working for me:
    1.  Start the Skype for Business app first

2.  In the window that appears (it asks you to Enter the URL of your meeting), don't do that - instead click on Join as Guest in this window.

3. In the following window, enter the URL, your name and then click Join as Guest

I hope this works for you. My colleagues and I who use Mac are all using this method for our meetings and it's working fine.

Cheers

Meenu

Thanks! Meenu

• Marked as answer by Meenu Iyer Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:19 AM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2019 3:17 AM