none
Communicator 2007 R2 Horizontal Scrollbar keeps backing up RRS feed

• Question

• Lately, my horizontal scroll bar keeps backing up (up towards the top) and I have to continually drag it down to read the newer entries, when I let go of it with the mouse, it scrolls back up again.  Didn't see a configuration to change.

Thanks.

Friday, June 24, 2011 12:26 AM

All replies

• Hi, Bill,

The text in the Conversation window will appear at the size as your configuration. So please try as follows.

Open “Conversation window” à Click “Show menu” à “Edit” à “Text Display Size”, and Select “Smaller”.

Hope this helps.

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, June 24, 2011 9:34 AM
  • Hi, Bill,

Any update?

Please remember to click “Mark As Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark As Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, June 28, 2011 2:11 AM
  • Your suggestion to make the font smaller wasn't the problem--we sometimes have very long IM's, and, smaller font will still extend long enough so that there are scrollbars.

However, it quit doing it a few days after I posted--nothing was changed, that I'm aware of...

Maybe backend server...don't know.

Bill

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 10:52 AM
  • Hi, Bill,

Could you please provide a screen shot? A little puzzled what happened in you conversation window.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:13 AM
  • I have no idea how to insert a screenshot.

Imagine a spring under the right vertical scroll bar, with a VERY long conversation (changing the font won't help, as, it's so long).  Imagine a spring under the bottom of the scroll bar.  I can pull down the bar to see the latest conversation, and, it may stay down to allow me to type in something and to see what I typed and the reply, but, suddenly, the bar is pushed back up, and I have to keep dragging it down, fighting the spring.  It may or may not stay down.  I continually have to fight with it, to see the latest conversation.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 10:06 AM
  • Hi, Bill,

I’ve tried to IM with others and typed characters as long as I can. And the scroll bar is normal.

But how about your other machines?

And you can try to use the shortcut key Home and End in the conversation window.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:30 AM
  • Hi, Bill,

Have you fixed this issue?

Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:51 AM
  • It just quit happening.  we did nothing that we know of.
    Thursday, July 7, 2011 9:56 AM
  • 2011 bug yeah. Still using 2007 R2 for now. :-)

This bug appears when you do some selection, copy, etc. in the conversation while it is stills increasing (someone sending new lines of text).

It will reset at next conversation... But to fix it in the current conversation... I still did not figure that out...

Thursday, February 21, 2019 2:37 PM