none
Exchange 2013 Integration with Skype For Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In our environment ,Lync 2013 is running which is integrated with Exchange 2010.We are planning to migrate Lync 2013 to Skype For Business(Side By Side method) where Exchange 2010 is also getting migrated to Exchange 2013.

Please suggest how should we plan to integrate Exchange 2013 with Skype For Business ? Can we have two exchange integration (Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013) in same lync Topology with different Site where one site has Lync 2013 servers & other site is having Skype For Business Servers.

-DJ

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 8:18 PM

Answers

• There shouldn't be any, Just that you need to create a new CsTrustedApplicationPool for 2013 exchange. It should work. 

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Dj, 

The migration plan depends on the features Lync features integrated with exchange 2010. You may bringup Exchange 2013 and S4b on respective platforms, all the existing setup should continue to work. Now understand the requirement of what need to be migrated. 

In this case since you are using 2010, it would be only UM that need to be migrated. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn169226%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

May be you can move few test users to exchange 2013 and S4b and complete the UM testing. Later you may go ahead and remove the old UM servers.  

Thanks,
    Anoop Karikikuzhiyil Babu | Erstwhile Microsoft Premier Unified Communication Engineer. My blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:50 AM
  • Hi Anoop,

Thanks for your reply.

UM is not enabled , Exchange integration is required for user presence information basically.Please let me know if exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 will work with their respective Lync version parallel ? Can we have Exchange 2010 with Lync 2013 Pool and Exchange 2013 with SFB Pool ?

-DJ 

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 7:56 AM
  • Hi Dj,

Please refer below article, it should work. 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688055.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:31 AM
  • Will there be any challenge to integrate Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 with Lync 2013 and SFB Server 2015 respectively ?

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 10:03 AM
  • There shouldn't be any, Just that you need to create a new CsTrustedApplicationPool for 2013 exchange. It should work. 

Thanks,

Wednesday, April 6, 2016 11:49 AM