none
The average time (in seconds) the messages delayed in outgoing (send) queues connecting to federation.messenger.msn.com RRS feed

• Question

• Starting around 7/28 SCOM started throwing alerts every 30 minutes or so complaining about outbound send queues as described in the title of this post.

Here is an example of the alert context:

Time Sampled: 8/1/2011 11:14:45 AM

Object Name: LS:SIP - 01 - Peers

Counter Name: SIP - 020 - Average Outgoing Queue Delay

Instance Name: federation.messenger.msn.com

Last Sampled Value: 58.7953643798828 Number of Samples: 1

All of the instances of this alert relate to federation.messenger.msn.com. Checking the perf counters on the edge servers, none of our other federated partners have issues with their outgoing send queues. We have two Lync Edge servers and both of them are reporting this issue.

I am aware that there is an issue with this counter and the Lync SCOM MP as documented in the Lync 2010 release notes. (_total and client queues are not filtered out) however I have checked alert contexts and the perfmon counters on the servers themselves. The instances that generate the alert is neither _total nor Client. It is federation.messenger.msn.com.

This makes me suspect that the issue is actually with MSN. I wonder if this is going unnoticed because many deployments disable this SCOM alert per the release notes. Is anyone else seeing this? Do the MSN guys know about this?

• Edited by Hitchcock Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:10 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 4:40 PM

Answers

• Maybe the MSN provider change some configuration in MSN deployment. You can connect MSN provider to consult the cause.

The following article is about Public IM Connectivity Provisioning Guide for Microsoft Lync Server, hoping it can help you:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=14966

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 8:52 AM