none
Replication for Clustered Column Store Index RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

We need to replication around 125+ tables that have Clustered Column store, current version running SQL 2016 EE. Can you let me know if SQL Server 2017 or 2019 supports replicating clustered column store index.

We need to move Delta from source to destination using either Merge or Transactional Replication.

Thank you. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Kunal.

Monday, May 4, 2020 5:40 PM

Answers

• Hi kranp,

Is the reply helpful?

Best Regards.

yuxi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by kranp Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:48 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:26 AM

All replies

• Hi kranp,

No. Not support.

I have tested on my side and the error as next:

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 3:56 AM
  • supports replicating clustered column store index.

We replicate data from table(s), not from Indizes; Indizes base on the table(s).

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 6:58 AM
  • Thank you, yuxi666.

Do you know if Clustered column store index is supported in SQL 2019 Replication?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Kranp.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020 2:31 PM
  • Hi kranp,

No, it is not supported in SQL 2019.

And the same error will show as run it by SQL 2017:

Best Regards.

yuxi

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, May 6, 2020 2:54 AM
  • Hi kranp,

Is the reply helpful?

Best Regards.

yuxi

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by kranp Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:48 PM
    Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:26 AM
  • Thank you, yuxi

-Kranp.

Thursday, May 7, 2020 1:49 PM