none
Disable Spelling suggestions in Word

Question

• Hi,

At the school where I work, we have a student with a special reading/writing disability. He may write is papers on a computer with Spellchecking only partly disabled: the mistakes can be underlined but the suggestions for the right word are not allowed. 

I found many places where ways to completely disable spellchecking are explained (GPO and registry), but I haven't found a solution for this particular issue. I already spent a few days trying and searching...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance...

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What’s your version of Word?

<<… the mistakes can be underlined but the suggestions for the right word are not allowed…

Do you mean a suggestion like the one below?

We have tested it according to your description. And we are sorry to tell you that we cannot achieve your request. For Word, if you turn on spell checking, it will automatically correct many errors. If you don't want the check tips above, you can only turn off spell checking.

For this situation, you can go to the User Voice to post feedback. If there are many people who have a similar situation with you, then Microsoft may provide technical support for this.

If you need more help, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, May 27, 2019 10:18 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going on with this issue?

Hope my clarification is clear. Please feel free to post back if you need further assistance on this issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Bella Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019. 

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:32 AM