Shared folders collapse on restart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We have a client who's recently migrated to Exchange Online and now, they're shared folders automatically collapse upon restart of Outlook.

These shared folders are all AutoMapped.

Is this normal behaviour? Is there any way to change it so it remembers the folder state?

Thanks in advance

Friday, July 3, 2020 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>> they're shared folders automatically collapse upon restart of Outlook. These shared folders are all AutoMapped.

Does this issue happen to all the migrated users? Or just some specific users?

Does the shared folder you mentioned here mean the whole shared mailbox or the folders within the shared mailbox?

Can folders in your primary mailbox normally remembers the folder state after restarting Outlook?

To conduct further researches on your issue, please provide me with more information related to your issue so that I can conduct tests in my environment.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2020 7:50 AM
  • Hi ,

Have you got your issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you.

If you have any update about this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my experience, normally Outlook should remember which folders were expanded or collapsed when you closed Outlook and should also start with this folder state again.

Please refer to the troubleshooting suggestions as shared by Jeff and feel free to let us know with any findings.

This Outlook IT Pro Discussions Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Outlook IT Pro Discussions will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 31, 2020 8:46 AM