none
Outlook constantly syncs 12GB+ everyday

Question

• I have a user with a mac with Office 2016 installed, they have a 365 business account,  everyday Outlook seems to think it needs to sync 12 GB plus of data, there is no where near that volume of new data. How do I get this to settle down to a normal usage pattern or where do I look to determine the cause of this behavior.? None of the other systems or devices seem to exhibit this behavior.
    Friday, May 17, 2019 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?

How do you find this issue? If possible, could you please provide me with the some screenshots about the issue?

Given this situation, please configure this email account on other computer' Outlook client and see if there is any difference.

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:47 AM
  • My firewall tracks all data usage on a daily basis, here is output for that machine from one day

microsoft.outlook.office.365

11.3 GB / 738.2 MB

This lists outgoing/incoming data for that machine for that destination.

This happens every week day the user is logged into the machine, on weekends it drops to 3.5-4GB daily

I have this same firewall at several different locations and no other system exhibits this activity.

Other mac machines on this same network do not exhibit this behavior.

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:13 PM
  • As a test I installed this account at a different location, it does not exhibit this behavior on a PC at the other location.

It has done this since Office 365 was installed on the MAC, I have tried removing the program and re-installing it. This did not change the behavior.

It seems that the MAC is constantly resyncing with the 365 servers but I don't know why.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

I'm searching on your issue.

Once there is any update, I will post here at the first time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:56 AM