none
Disable Music On Hold for Skype Conferences RRS feed

• Question

• We have a conference call each morning with 40 or so participants. Inevitably someone puts the call on hold and plays music to the rest of us.

Not all participants are calling from internal PBX stations.

I'm wondering if there is any setting in Skype for Business that disables any music from playing.

Thank you. 

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:21 PM

All replies

• I believe this should do,

Set-CSClientPolicy Global -EnableClientMusicOnHold:$False

or You can change music by customizing call park settings

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688031.aspx

S_K_P

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:20 AM
  • I believe this should do,

Set-CSClientPolicy Global -EnableClientMusicOnHold:$False

or You can change music by customizing call park settings

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688031.aspx 

S_K_P

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Hi kathleen,

Based on your description, I understand that you want to disable music on hold.

For your requirement, I am agree with S_K_P.

Another method, you can try to disable music on hold with SFB client side, click on the Options "gear" icon and go to Ringtones and Sounds.  If the logged on user is enabled for Enterprise Voice, the last option should be Play music on hold.

For details, please refer to the document below
    http://ucken.blogspot.sg/2010/10/music-on-hold-for-lync-clients.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 2, 2018 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

If the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Wednesday, April 4, 2018 5:29 AM