none
Windows Phone SFB Mobile client - VOIP settings greyed-out ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a strange problem with the Skype for Business mobile client on Windows Phones.
    Some Windows Phones are having issues, at some times the "VOIP settings" menu is greyed-out in the "Settings"
    So they can't switch from VOIP always, VOIP over WIFI, Cellular anymore.

When the same user is logging in on a Android or IOS mobile client there are no issues at all.

Does anyone have seen this issue before ? Especially on Windows Phone.

Thanks !!

Steve

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have a strange problem with the Skype for Business mobile client on Windows Phones.
    Some Windows Phones are having issues, at some times the "VOIP settings" menu is greyed-out in the "Settings"
    So they can't switch from VOIP always, VOIP over WIFI, Cellular anymore.

When the same user is logging in on a Android or IOS mobile client there are no issues at all.

Does anyone have seen this issue before ? Especially on Windows Phone.

Thanks !!

Steve

Wednesday, November 18, 2015 6:04 PM
  • Hi,

From the Skype for Business for Microsoft Phone download page, I saw several users met the same issue with you.

As the issue only happen sometimes, you can try to uninstall it and then download the latest version and then test again.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/skype-for-business/9wzdncrfjbb2

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 19, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Hi Eason,

Thanks for your reply.

We have tried that already a few times, issue is still coming back with some Windows Phone users.
    Do you have some other advice?

Kind regards,

Steve

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:09 AM
  • Hi,

It may the known issue of this version of Skype for Business client. Hope next update will repair it.

Also you can contact Microsoft to confirm it.

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:46 AM
  • Hi Steve,

Based on your description that Some Windows Phones are having issues, at some times the " VOIP settings " menu is greyed-out in the "Settings", I understand that not all Windows Phones are encountering this issue and that sometimes VOIP settings is operable. If I have missed anything, please feel free to let me know.

Since the feature works fine on both Android or IOS mobile client, the possible causes should be the Windows Phone client end or some specific settings for Windows Phone on the server end. Given this situation, I’d like to recommend you refer to following plan for troubleshooting.

1. Please make sure this is Windows Phone 8.1 or later version installed on these devices.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Adjust-your-data-use-settings-e210ac8d-3919-44bd-8fe0-ac9c287e36d4
    2. If possible, please pick out two Windows phone devices(the VOIP settings on one of them is ok, and another is greyed-out)
    3. Please sign in with two users who are homed on the same register pool
    4. Please check the Skype for Business version
    5. Please compare the Network settings of them

Besides, I suggest you check if there is any sfb event logs which are related to mobility generated on the Front End server.

Best Regards,
    Cindy Li

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:10 AM
  • Hi Steve,

did you ever solve the problem?

Our WinPhone/Mobile Users experience exact the same problems since around half a year!
    Since around our update from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business.
    Although Clients and Server are always on the latest Patch Level.

Mostly after a logout/login or a phone reboot or a re-installation of the app the problem went away for some time,
    but these days nothing helps.

Best regards, Peter

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 10:28 PM
  • Hi,

I had the same issue the last day and stumbled over this thread. The option on my Windows Phone within SfB client was just greyed out. But after I entered my cell phone number in the settings menu (My phone is in German language and the option in settings is called "Mobilnumber" - don't know how it is called in English) I was immediately able to change the setting from "VoIP always" to the other available options.

Maybe helpful for others. J

Regards,

Frank

Friday, September 23, 2016 7:33 PM