Lync 2010 federation with same SIP domain RRS feed

• Question

• As i am working in Lync 2010 federation , I have a query with same sip domain federation. Is it technically possible to federate with same Lync signin ID. In my case , the two domains are like A.com and B.com and Lync signin id's are same which means  for A.com signin id  is  user@example.com and for B.com signin id is  user@example.com.

Domain names are different but the both lync environment access edge server FQDN' s are same which means for A.com and B.com having access edge srver FQDN like accessedge.example.com. 

When I have tried to add in federated domain in control panel , I could not able to add the domain name. Its giving  error like domain name does not exist.

So please give me the suggestion.

Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:09 AM

Answers

• Hi,

if the domain name is same you can't federate. Lync will identify whether is the contact is federated or not by looking at the contact's SIP domain. and then do a look up for federated domains. if the domain is the same, it'll just look for the user within the system and eventually getting failed to find since there's no such user within the system

Z-Hire -- Automate Lync User Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, May 17, 2013 6:55 AM
    • Marked as answer by Lync guy Friday, May 17, 2013 7:12 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, it is impossible to federate with same Lync signin ID.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

if the domain name is same you can't federate. Lync will identify whether is the contact is federated or not by looking at the contact's SIP domain. and then do a look up for federated domains. if the domain is the same, it'll just look for the user within the system and eventually getting failed to find since there's no such user within the system

Z-Hire -- Automate Lync User Account creation process ( AD / Exchange / Lync )

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, May 17, 2013 6:55 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 2:12 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, it is impossible to federate with same Lync signin ID.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Hi Thamara,

should i need to remove present sign id SIP domain and readd  with new SIP domain? or else is there any other way....

Friday, May 17, 2013 9:20 AM