none
sysprep unattended domain join adds computer, but uses different name in the OU RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying an image to automatically join a computer to the domain and also make it part of a specific OU, but I noticed that after I join that while the user is part of the domain that I can't login with any network user because I get the following error:

"the security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship"

I verified that the time is within 5 minutes of the domain controller and the user I provided in the answers file is a domain admin so they should have no issue adding to the domain, but when I went to the domain controller while the computer added itself with the name provided the name added under the OU was the original name of the machine (i.e. WIN-....)  I think that this is the source of the trust relationship error I'm confused why it is adding to the domain properly, but no the OU.

Monday, July 15, 2013 12:24 AM

Answers

• This is a known issue if you leave the ComputerName line in the UNATTEND.XML file. If you remove that line, during the build process, you will be prompted to enter a computer name. The entry for computer name in the XML file is as below. Just remove the line that is highlighted.

• Edited by ShEiQh Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycaiModerator Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:38 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:40 AM

All replies

• Check the netsetup.log to see what happens when the computer joins the domain.

The netsetup.log is located in C:\Windows\debug

Monday, July 15, 2013 7:39 AM
  • This is a known issue if you leave the ComputerName line in the UNATTEND.XML file. If you remove that line, during the build process, you will be prompted to enter a computer name. The entry for computer name in the XML file is as below. Just remove the line that is highlighted.

• Edited by ShEiQh Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by tracycaiModerator Tuesday, July 23, 2013 8:38 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:40 AM