none
Outlook keeps crashing on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Outlook starts up automatically when I switch on my computer. It works fine but after a while Outlook crashes, but not in the sense that the program closes. Rather it merely freezes and turns my mouse pointer into an envelope icon. When this happens I am unable to click on anything and I am also unable to do anything on the program. If I then use task manager to "end task" the program and restart it, it works for a while before doing the same. 

Please assist.

Kind regards,

C

Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Christiaanjou,

First of all make sure your computer has the latest patches both for windows and office. After this try to run Outlook in safe mode by opening "run" window and entering outlook.exe /safe.

If it still crashes then try to start your computer in safe mode and run outlook. If it does not crash then the problem is due to some 3rd party software installed on your computer.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:51 AM
  • Hi Christiaanjou,

Have you tried Simon's suggestion above? Does this issue still continue?

In addition, we could also try repairing Office to check the result. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit. Click Change and then click Repair.

Besides, please have a check at Event Viewer when the problem occurs and see if anything useful would be recorded out there.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Hello Christiaanjou,

There are few manual ways to resolve this MS Outlook issue. As experts Simon and Perry have suggested, you should try to open Outlook in safe mode and try to repair Office. If your account still faces the same problem, then try the other methods discussed in the given link:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2413813/how-to-troubleshoot-issues-that-cause-outlook-to-crash-or-stop-respond

Also, refer this link for more information. It also suggests a direct quick solution to resolve the issue.
    https://msoutlookworld.blogspot.com/2017/07/outlook-2016-2013-2010-2007-stopped-working.html

Hope this will help you.
    Thanks & Regards
    Bruce Anderson
    Friday, March 23, 2018 6:07 AM
  • Hi Christiaanjou,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Just to check whether the above replies are helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 8:21 AM