locked
Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service. - Error 0x96f. RRS feed

  • Question

  • PLease help, I've rstored from backup three times with no success I'm getting the following error

    "Unable to initialize the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service.   - Error 0x96f. "

    It's LDap related but i have no idea why :-(


    Best Regards Bernhard

    Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:09 PM

Answers

  • OK it looks like I had to enable the IPV6 stack, I hav had it disabled for over a year ....

    Seems to be wo0rking ok since I re-enabled it.

    I disabled it because of blue screens and hackers.

    I had to run a DB repair after I re-enabled it as well.

    Best Regards Bernhard


    Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:35 PM

All replies

  • OK it looks like I had to enable the IPV6 stack, I hav had it disabled for over a year ....

    Seems to be wo0rking ok since I re-enabled it.

    I disabled it because of blue screens and hackers.

    I had to run a DB repair after I re-enabled it as well.

    Best Regards Bernhard


    Thursday, June 27, 2013 6:35 PM
  • OK it looks like I had to enable the IPV6 stack, I hav had it disabled for over a year ....

    Seems to be wo0rking ok since I re-enabled it.

    I disabled it because of blue screens and hackers.

    I had to run a DB repair after I re-enabled it as well.

    Best Regards Bernhard


    I had the same problem and re-enabling IPV6 fixed it.

    Thank you for sharing your experience.

    Philippe

    Sunday, September 15, 2013 4:37 AM
  • IPv6 had been disabled for months on my SBS 2008 Server running Exchange 2007 SP1.  I ran 40 or so Windows Updates; subsequently, the next morning Exchange was no longer running; topology issues, event ID 2604, 2114 and 2601 were all over my Application Log.  After 12 hours of research I found this post; figured it was worth a shot and instantly all my services for Exchange fired up.  Thanks for the tip; I have no idea which update changed what in regards to needing IPv6 enabled, but that silly little check mark fixed it.  

    Thank you for sharing your solution! 

    Dan

    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:22 PM
  • Thank you very much. I did a reboot on my Server 2008 R2 server running Exchange 2010 and got into same mess, plus mine took 2 hours to boot. Then no exchange. Checked the IPv6 vbox and in 5 minutes exchange was running. Gotta love completely random fixes, but you saved me a few hours tonight. Teach me to try to do preventative maintenance. :)
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:14 AM
  • Thanks!  Re-enabling IPV6 fixed the issue!!

    http://www.pacificenviro.com http://www.qualityfueltrailers.com

    Friday, December 9, 2016 5:32 PM