none
Skype For Business Prsence Indicator & IM RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have requirement to show Users prsence in SharePoint 2016 Website along with IM. Below are more details about same

I have SharePoint 2016 On-Premises and Skype for business online (part of O-365 suite)

I have synced my Local Active Directory with Azure AD.

I have downloaded Skype for Business client on my local machine and i can login to same using my AD credentials, same credentials are synced with Azure AD and same are used for SharePoint authentication.

Now when i login to my SharePoint website, i should see the Presence Indicator, but its is not happenig.

Can anyone help / guide to get above issue resolved.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks.... ________________ Baba (MCTS, MCPD)

Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi Babasaheb,

Based on research,you should integrated sharepoint with exchange server ,then exchange server integrate with SFB server, I cannot find some articles about integrating skype for business online with sharepoint 2016 directly.

Our forum focus on the skype for business on-premise server,if you want to know more information about the skype for business online, you could open a thread on the O365 forum and sharepoint forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 7:02 AM
  • Hi Leon,

Thanks for your resposnse, i have already opened thread on SharePoint forum, will do on office as well.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Ok ,if you solved the problem, please update here, it will help who has similar issue.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 22, 2018 7:32 AM
  • Finally got the solution, its all the steps involved in my question and the article present here

http://blog.sharepointsite.co.uk/2017/09/integrating-skype-into-spa-in-sharepoint.html

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 6:46 AM
  • I am glad to hear that,thanks for your sharing,please mark your reply as answer,it will help others who have similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:34 AM