Lync 2013 web app show "Lync 2010" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

When i browse my Lync 2013 meeting with IE or Chrome i can see "Microsoft Lync 2010...

My Meeting url looks like https://meet.domain.com/user/id

The webpage template looks like old Lync 2010 web app... so did i miss something ?

Thanks

Cordialement,

Jordan

Ingénieur systèmes - OPENHOST

Si vous trouvez ma réponse utile, merci de voter ;)

Monday, March 10, 2014 3:40 PM

Answers

• I spoke about this issue on my blog recently. It has nothing to do with load balancers, reverse proxy configuration, or migration from 2010.

It occurs when you follow the instructions in the LHPv2 deployment guide. Assigning the Simple URL to the TenantID seems to be the issue.. For more information how to fix this, (and my experience) please read my article http://www.lyncexch.co.uk/lync-2013-hosting-pack-tenant-meet-dialin-urls/

Thanks

Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did the issue happen only for you or for multiple users?

Did the Lync server 2013 migration from Lync server 2010 successfully or the Lync environment still a coexistence environment?

Please check if simple URLs (Meeting URL) update to the Lync server 2013 in Lync Server Control Panel.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 6:02 AM
  • Hi,

The funny thing is it's a Lync 2013 fresh installation...

For example, the Lync Scheduler use correct "template" :

And for Lync meeting URL :

Cordialement,

Jordan

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:10 AM
  • Was Lync 2010 installed on this server or any other server in the past?  How is the meet URL published?  Double check the internal DNS records to confirm where they point, does this happen when browsing internally?  What about externally?  Does it proxy to your front end pool on port 4443?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:47 PM
  • No it's a fresh servers with fresh install of Lync 2013 Hosting pack. My Meet url was published according the Microsoft deployment guide of Lync Hosting Pack.

I'm using Lync only for External access not internal.

Meet base url point to my Loadbalancer (reverse proxy) wich send request to my FE pool on port 4443. 

Cordialement,

Jordan

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:53 PM
  • From your FE pool, if you ensure that the meet URL will resolve to a local server, can you still see the issue?  I'd want to confirm that this traffic isn't headed somewhere it's not supposed to.  Can you see it in the IIS logs?

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Ok, from one of my FE server browsing meeting url on port 4443 show me Lync 2010 "template" :

IIS logs traffic seems to be OK and routed to my Front End server.

Cordialement,

Jordan

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:48 PM
  • can you check your NLB and make sure its pointing to the correct Lync server !!

there is no way if its a fresh installation to show lync 2010; please try to use publishing direct to FE or NAT it to the front end 443 to 4443 and 80 to 8080 and run wireshark on the server or check IIS logs to make sure its pointing to the correct server.

regards,

Nader Barakat

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 8:05 PM
  • My NLB point to the correct server, i don't have lync 2010 infrastructure ;)

I will check with my 2nd node and come back to you...

Cordialement,

Jordan

Thursday, March 13, 2014 7:10 PM
  • Hello

IIS logs shows its the correct server ?

client ip shows in the IIS log ?

Regards,

Nader Barakat

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:54 PM
  • Hello Narder,

Yes IIS logs shot correct server and i can see my client IP... 

Maybe it's a bug or something else with Lync hosting pack 2013..

Another users have the same problem : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/62935a7b-5c1a-43bd-bc14-69a1e9464dfe/tenant-organization-uses-2010-web-app-instead-of-2013-web-app?forum=lyncdeploy

Cordialement,

Jordan

• Edited by JordanOH Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:04 PM
    Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:02 PM
  • I spoke about this issue on my blog recently. It has nothing to do with load balancers, reverse proxy configuration, or migration from 2010.

It occurs when you follow the instructions in the LHPv2 deployment guide. Assigning the Simple URL to the TenantID seems to be the issue.. For more information how to fix this, (and my experience) please read my article http://www.lyncexch.co.uk/lync-2013-hosting-pack-tenant-meet-dialin-urls/

Thanks

Sunday, March 16, 2014 3:20 PM