none
WHY CAN't I KEEP MY STATUS AS "INVISIBLE" RRS feed

• Question

• I have made my status "invisible" about a thousand times, you would think they would get the message that that is my preference, but then I sign in & they have changed it to "available" again - I don't want to be available on their terms, just mine, if & when I want to
    Thursday, October 18, 2018 2:28 AM

All replies

• Hi lou polichetti,

Based on my research and test, In the Lync 2010/2013 and SFB client, we did not find the status as “INVISIBLE”, if you mean you want to set the presence as offline, you could try to set it in the client policy, set the value of EnableAppearOffline as Ture, then restart your Lync client and you will find the “Appear Offline” option. You could refer to this blog to find more details about How to set up invisible status in Lync.

In addition, based on my test in my environment, if you exit the Lync client with other presence(not available), then when you sign in and it will still show the presence before you exit the client. For your problem, I suggest you could try to delete the caches in the PC and then check again, you could follow the steps:
    1. Navigate to Users > username > AppData > Local > Microsoft > Office > x.0 (x.0 corresponds to the Skype for Business/Lync version: 16.0 = Skype for Business 2016, 15.0 = Skype for Business 2013, 14.0 = Lync 2010) > Lync
    2. Delete sip_profileName folder and delete all files in Tracing folder.
    3. Clear DNS cache with command ipconfig /flushdns

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, October 19, 2018 2:18 AM
  • Hi lou polichetti,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 6:32 AM
  • I have the same problem. Did the solution help you?
    Monday, November 12, 2018 8:39 PM