none
Need to migrate users from Office Communications Server to Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to migrate users from on-premise Office Communications Server to Office 365. I have Exchange 2013 on-premise and have a plan to migrate mailboxes to Office 365 as well.

We don't want to lose the chat history, groups, Favorites and contact list of users in Office Communications.

What should be the steps for this migration?

Thanks,

Friday, March 29, 2019 5:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi AneesUrRehman,

Based on my research, Office Communications Server(OCS) is not supported for direct migrate to O365. If you want to do this, the best way is to migrate OCS 2007 to Lync Server 2013, then configure Lync hybrid environment and move users to SFB online. With those steps, the data will not lose. 

About how to migrate OCS 2007 to Lync Server 2013 you could refer to official document: Migration from Office Communications Server 2007 R2 to Lync Server 2013. Configure Lync hybrid environment you could refer to Configuring an on-premises deployment for hybrid with Lync Online

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 29, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Hi AneesUrRehman,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 6:34 AM