none
Lync server 2010

Question

• Till the second step (Setup or remove Lync server components) in the Deployment wizard every things has gone fine, but I got stuck in the second step.

the error is :-

Access control list (ACL) share failed.,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.Deployment.ActivateMachineCmdlet

And as per the log file :

Install databases  Failed.

Its a stranded edition server and SQL express is already installed.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:12 PM

Answers

• Did you create the folder and configure permissions on the NT share? The default is named "share" for the standard edition Lync Server 2010 deployment.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

TechNet Forum Moderator (Unified Communications) - http://www.leedesmond.com
    • Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:19 PM

All replies

• Did you create the folder and configure permissions on the NT share? The default is named "share" for the standard edition Lync Server 2010 deployment.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

TechNet Forum Moderator (Unified Communications) - http://www.leedesmond.com
    • Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 10:19 PM
  • Hi Desmond,

Thanks for your reply, manually I did not created the "Share" it was done automatically during the "Define the file share Window" nor I have assigned any permissions on it, what permissions should I grant to it ?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:44 PM
  • Was it done automatically? Typically you have to create the top level share, and share it, then define it in the topology wizard.

Randy Wintle | MCTS: UC Voice Specialization | Winxnet Inc
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:48 PM
  • Was it done automatically? Typically you have to create the top level share, and share it, then define it in the topology wizard.

Correct.  The deployment wizard and topology builder do not create the windows file shares required by Lync they have to be created manually.

As for your SQL express installation, did you install it manually or was it installed by the Deployment wizard?

Thursday, September 16, 2010 5:44 PM
  • SQL was installed by the deployment wizard.

Yes, you guys are right the share is not created automatically, during the deployment at  "Define the file share Window"

at the radio button:

Define a new file share

under File server FQDN I could see the FQDN of my Standard  edition Lync serve and under the File Share I could see "share" so I felt that it is been created automatically.

Ok please advise me where do I need to create the share and who should have permission on it, and is it possible to upload screen shot in forum to communicate with more details ?

Thanks.
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:24 PM
  • Create a folder on the machine you designated in Topology builder, Share it with the same name you designated in TB with at least full permissions for you.  The deployment wizard will adjust the permissions from there.
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:26 PM
  • Check out this blog post from Jeff Schertz's blog, a nice detailed guide on how to go through the whole process:

http://blog.schertz.name/category/lync/

Thursday, September 16, 2010 7:27 PM
  • Have this exact same problem- Randy would you mind pointing to the blog article again as I couldn't spot it and need some help on this.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 2:51 PM
  • Got the blog link now. Thanks.
    Wednesday, April 06, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Interestinly enough, I did plan ahead and build the share will wide open share and NTFS permissions, but I still get the ACL issue...

Douglas

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:22 PM