none
lync monitoring reports

Question

• Hi Guys,

I tried to install Lync CU4 updates but when I run "Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn "sqlserver" -UseDefaultSqlPaths" I get the following error: Script failed (code "ERROR_NEED_MAJOR_UPGRADE_USE_IMP_EXP") when installing "MonitoringStore and "Exit code: ERROR_NEED_MAJOR_UPGRADE_USE_IMP_EXP (-50)"

What can I do to fix this.

I think because of this I cant access the lync monitoring reports anymore. When I try to run reports I get this error: 

• An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
      • Query execution failed for dataset 'CDR_SyncTimeZone'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
        • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors
        • Hope you guys can help.
        • Thanks

Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:59 AM

All replies

• Hi it try one of the following, depending on what kind of setup you have.

1. To apply the changes made by LyncServerUpdateInstaller.exe to the SQL Server databases do one of the following:
    2. If Enterprise Edition Back End Server databases are not collocated with any other databases, such as Archiving or Monitoring databases, at the command line, type the following:
      Install-CsDatabase –Update –ConfiguredDatabases –SqlServerFqdn <SQL Server FQDN>
    3. If Enterprise Edition Back End Server databases are collocated with other databases, such as Archiving or Monitoring databases, at the command line, type the following:
      Install-CsDatabase –Update –ConfiguredDatabases –SqlServerFqdn <SQL Server FQDN> –ExcludeCollocatedStores
    4. For Standard Edition, type the following:
      Install-CsDatabase –Update –LocalDatabases

Please see my post http://www.ultimate-communications.com/2011/12/best-practices-when-updating-lync-server-with-those-cumulative-updates-lync/ for more details on how to update Cumulative Updates on Lync servers.

Best Regards // Tommy Clarke - Please follow me @ Blog
    and Twitter
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 11:43 PM
  • Hi Tommy,

Ive tried it but I get a "error_no_db_drive_access".

On this forum they have the same issue and the reason is because we run on a sql cluster.

Regards

Friday, January 20, 2012 6:48 AM
  • Hi,MrReeMan,

Did your Monitoring and Archiving server work previously?Or they haven't work after deployment?Make sure you followed the deployment guide strictly. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398199.aspx

Would you please check the RTC, RTCDYN, LcsLog, and QoEMetrics databases are created successfully(not empty)?If you collocated Monitoring and archiving database with backend database server,please verify you haven't share the SQL instance with backend database.You can check http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/hh328432.aspx for more information.

Also please make sure the account you are running update has the required permission such as RTC service groups,Local admin and SQL DB owner especially the remote server.

Regarding the monitoring reports error you can log on the local server and check the event log for more details.Besides,please try to elaborate more on your deployment scenario with details,it will be more helpful for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Sharon

Sharon Shen

TechNet Community Support

******************************************************************************************************************************************************* Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community memb
    Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:04 AM
  • tanks alot this work for me
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:02 PM