none
I have installed Lync Basic and Office 365 2013 | Lync will not sign-in RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed Lync Basic along with Office 365 and the certificates are not available.  

I am an indicidual user and do not have an account through a company so I have been using my Microsoft ID. The work I do will require me to use Lync meetings with those that are on a Business Lync system. I know that their system will be a private network but I need to create and attend Lync based meetings. 

Thank you.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• So do you have an Office 365 for Business Plan? Listed here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/compare-all-office-365-for-business-plans-FX104051403.aspx

I am a bit confused because you say you are using your Microsoft ID and don't have an account through a company.

If this is the case and you don't have an actual subscription, you won't be able to sign-in. Instead if a company sends you an invite for a Lync meeting, you can use Lync Web App (that they will host at their end) and interact that way.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft Lync Server is an enterprise real-time communications server. The Lync client is used to connect Lync Server. The Lync client is only meant to be used with a Lync Server (hosted in a corporate environment) or an account hosted on Office 365 with Lync functionality enabled. After you doing that you can create a user on Lync Server and login to Lync Server with Lync client.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 4, 2014 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

If you are an Individual user and if you have purchased the Account form Office 365 then you can send the Meeting Invitations to other fellow members.

here is the link if you haven't Purchased the O365 Account

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/buy-office-365-home-FX102853961.aspx

If some is sending the Meeting request to attend the Meetings then Lync Basic will be sufficient to attend the Meetings   

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:09 AM

All replies

• So do you have an Office 365 for Business Plan? Listed here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/business/compare-all-office-365-for-business-plans-FX104051403.aspx

I am a bit confused because you say you are using your Microsoft ID and don't have an account through a company.

If this is the case and you don't have an actual subscription, you won't be able to sign-in. Instead if a company sends you an invite for a Lync meeting, you can use Lync Web App (that they will host at their end) and interact that way.

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer"

Georg Thomas | Lync MVP
    Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @georgathomas
    Lync Edge Port Check (Beta)

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:06 PM
  • Hi,

Microsoft Lync Server is an enterprise real-time communications server. The Lync client is used to connect Lync Server. The Lync client is only meant to be used with a Lync Server (hosted in a corporate environment) or an account hosted on Office 365 with Lync functionality enabled. After you doing that you can create a user on Lync Server and login to Lync Server with Lync client.

Best Regards,

Eason Huang

Eason Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, July 4, 2014 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

If you are an Individual user and if you have purchased the Account form Office 365 then you can send the Meeting Invitations to other fellow members.

here is the link if you haven't Purchased the O365 Account

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/buy-office-365-home-FX102853961.aspx

If some is sending the Meeting request to attend the Meetings then Lync Basic will be sufficient to attend the Meetings   

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Friday, July 4, 2014 8:09 AM