Microsoft Lync 2010 does not work on Samsung Galaxy S

• Hi,

I have installed Ms Lync 2010 on my android phone. But while trying to Login I get the below error,

"Can't connect to the server. it might be unavailable. Also check your network connection, sugn-in address and server addresses"

Please help me configuring MS Lync 2010 in my Android phone.

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy S(I9003)

Lync downloaded from Android Market.

Thanks in Advance,

Thiruvengatam Adavan

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:19 PM

All replies

• Have you upgraded the Lync servers to CU 4 and deployed/configured the mobility component
    Chris Clark - | MCTS:OCS & UC Voice Specialization | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:11 PM
  • Dear Friend,

Lync 2010 Mobile version (Android) is properly working with Galaxy S. i've a users who's using on my premises.

Check ur configuration also -

Madushka Dias : MCITP(Lync Server 2010 Administrator) & MCTS - Active Directory) - | Live - | If got your answer don't forget to Rate as an Answer
    Friday, January 27, 2012 7:05 AM
  • It doesn't sound like Lync mobility has been deployed in your organization.  As suggest above, deploy Lync mobile and Lync autodiscover.

I would not however use the guide, it isn't very good and is full of gotchas.  Here is a great blog that is step by step and by far the most accurate for deployment.  I've used it and have done several Lync mobile deployments.

If you have deployed, make sure the certificate in use is a certifcate that is accepted on that Samsung phone with your provider.  This is the most common reason certain phones can't connect, is the certificate in use.  I recommend Digicert UC with unlimited SANs.  I think the GoDaddy certificates aren't very good, they are cheap but limit you to five alternative names.

Saturday, January 28, 2012 5:04 PM