none
Lync 2010 and Skype for business compatibility issues?

Question

• My company is currently running Lync 2010 server and clients. We have federations with some customers running Skype for business. Some of my users are experiencing sporadic issues joining Skype for business meetings scheduled by the customer.  I am finding that if I delete the SIP_xxx profile directory on their PCs and let Lync recreate it the problem will be resolved, sometimes for weeks, then it occurs again.  My conclusion is that there is some type of corruption happening in their profile folder, which is causing the errors, but I am looking to better define what is causing the corruption and if there is a better solution than manually recreating the Lync 2010 profiles.

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi cjm,

Please help us confirm the following questions:
    1. What issue did you face when join the Skype meeting?
    2. Did the issue happen to all users in your environment?

In order to troubleshooting the issue, please try the following method:
    1. Install the latest update for your Lync client.
    2. Try to repair Office.

If the issue persists, we suggest you use snooper to check the Lync client log.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:35 AM
  • Hi,  

check if the issue is specific to certain machine built, also make sure that the client  is updated to the latest CU. You can also  try with a higher version client if that is allowed and test the behavior 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 9:06 AM