none
Error sending out or update online meeting invitation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

We just install the Lync 2010 into our infrastructure.  It is a stand alone server with an addition of a monitoring/archiving server.  Clients include a mixture of Lync clients and Attendee.  A few of our Lync enable users ran into a problem when sending out new or updated online meeting invitation.  Outlook 2003 takes  a long time trying to send out the invitation and come back with an error as follow:

"Microsoft Lync 2010: The request failed.  Please try again.  Make sure that you are signed in to Lync."

The users are signed in to Lync with the Lync Client.  The user are also signed in to the exchange server 2010.

The users run Windows XP and Windows 7 with Office 2003 suite

Users can reduce the number of recipients and it would send out OK but the number of recipient is not consistent.  The max number is 40 and minimum is 20.

Lync client log show errors on detecting some local device and accessing users' information who are not Lync enable.

Monday, April 18, 2011 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi - did you get a resolution to this problem?
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:04 PM
  • I have had this problem before. It seems to be a client side issue in the cases I have seen.

The issue seems to be with a particular entry in the NK2 file for the users Outlook profile. I have closed down Outlook, renamed the NK2 file and then launched up Outlook again. Tried sending another meeting request and it works fine.

What causes this issue I am not sure but it seems like some corruption locally in the MAPI profile.
    • Edited by MartynCoup Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:53 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:53 AM