none
Escalate CCE PSTN Call to Conference with Skype for Business Online

Question

• I want to allow for the function "Escalate CCE PSTN Call to Conference with Skype for Business Online"

So it seems this is possible looking at "http://www.uclabs.blog/2017/06/escalate-cce-pstn-call-to-conference.html" and "https://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/mt740651.aspx" _ section "Configure online hybrid Mediation Server Settings"

• Has anyone managed to get this to work with CCE?

Issue is when I run

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity CCEMedEMEA01 -Fqdn "Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local" -AccessProxyExternalFqdn "AEEMEA01.xxx.COM"

I get an error 

User not found.

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:String) [Set-CsHybridMediationServer], ItemNotFoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : SessionStateException,Microsoft.Rtc.Management.AD.Cmdlets.SetHybridMediationServerCmdlet

+ PSComputerName        : admin1e.online.lync.com

Any advice?

I also tried the identity with the UPN

Thanks for any help

Alistair

Wednesday, March 14, 2018 10:37 AM

Answers

• You have to create a user to run the set-cshybridmediationserver command against. 

So create user CEMedEMEA01@domain.com

License the user for SFBO, long enough that you get the account when running get-csonlineuser CEMedEMEA01@domain.com

Remove the SFBO license and run:

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity CEMedEMEA01@domain.com -Fqdn "Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local" -AccessProxyExternalFqdn "AEEMEA01.xxx.COM"

Unfortunately you will need to run the hybridmediationserver command again in 30 days, as the deprovisioning of the SFBO license clears the FQDN on the user object.

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity CEMedEMEA01@domain.com -Fqdn "Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local" -AccessProxyExternalFqdn "AEEMEA01.xxx.COM"

Note the requirement to license the account to get around the "User not found" error for the set-cshybridmediationserver just started occurring about a month and 1/2 ago.

Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.
    Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

• Marked as answer by AlistairK Monday, March 19, 2018 9:52 AM
    Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:03 PM
  • Sorry if I was unclear, you only have to run it one more time after the first 30 day period (not every 30 days). https://realtimeuc.com/2017/12/unable-to-escalate-pstn-calls-via-cce/

Blog
    Skype Validator - Used to assist in the validation and documentation of Skype for Business/Lync Server.

Monday, March 19, 2018 3:27 PM
  • ~30 days, when Get-CsHybridPSTNSite | foreach {Get-CsOnlineUser -Filter "HostingProvider -like '*$($_.edgefqdn)*'" | Get-CsHybridMediationServer} returns a blank result for the Fqdn. That's when you have to run the same Set-CsHybridMediationServer command and should be done after that.

Blog

• Marked as answer by AlistairK Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi AlistairK,

Did you mean you have deployed CCE successfully, then you want to integrate CCE with SFB online?

For your error message, it shows that the user not found, for the user, you need to create it in office 365 admin portal, use any name you want, use the default SIP domain of Cloud Connector (the first SIP domain in the .ini file) as the user domain.
    Do not assign any Office 365 licenses (such as E5) to the account you create. Wait for Office 365 AD sync to complete

Then, start a tenant remote PowerShell session using your tenant admin credentials, and then run the following cmdlet to set the Mediation Server and Edge Server FQDN to that user account, replacing <DisplayName> with the Display Name of the user for the account you created:

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity <DisplayName> -Fqdn <MediationServerFQDN> -AccessProxyExternalFqdn <EdgeServerExternalFQDN>

Please check if you done the step of creating user, moreover, when you run the powershell, please make sure you run as administrator.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 6:06 AM
  • Thanks for the reply

Yes you have quoted the article which is exactly what we have done.

However when you say  "please make sure you run as administrator." _ can you expand on that. We have run as a Global Administrator. Is that what you are saying?

Alistair

Thursday, March 15, 2018 9:38 AM
  • You have to create a user to run the set-cshybridmediationserver command against. 

So create user CEMedEMEA01@domain.com

License the user for SFBO, long enough that you get the account when running get-csonlineuser CEMedEMEA01@domain.com

Remove the SFBO license and run:

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity CEMedEMEA01@domain.com -Fqdn "Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local" -AccessProxyExternalFqdn "AEEMEA01.xxx.COM"

Unfortunately you will need to run the hybridmediationserver command again in 30 days, as the deprovisioning of the SFBO license clears the FQDN on the user object.

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity CEMedEMEA01@domain.com -Fqdn "Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local" -AccessProxyExternalFqdn "AEEMEA01.xxx.COM"

Note the requirement to license the account to get around the "User not found" error for the set-cshybridmediationserver just started occurring about a month and 1/2 ago.

Blog

• Marked as answer by AlistairK Monday, March 19, 2018 9:52 AM
    Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:03 PM
  • Thanks. Much appreciated That sounds very promising I will give it a go.. I assume you ran into this issue yourself? Regards Alistair

Alistair

Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:22 PM
  • Thanks _ so I ran the command a little too quickly and got the error

User with identity "CCEMedEMEA01@xxx.com" has licenses assigned. It cannot be set as Hybrid Mediation Server. Please remove all the licenses for it or re-create a new user without any license and try again.

I waited and the command then ran without issue.

I am now just waiting to be able to test successfully escalating a PSTN call to a conference. (Failing at the moment but that is only 20 mins later)

I have raised an MS case as having to repeat this process every 30 days days sounds an operational nightmare.

Alistair

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:58 AM
  • Sorry if I was unclear, you only have to run it one more time after the first 30 day period (not every 30 days). https://realtimeuc.com/2017/12/unable-to-escalate-pstn-calls-via-cce/

Blog

Monday, March 19, 2018 3:27 PM
  • Thanks for that.

So as noted _ ran the following OK

Set-CsHybridMediationServer -Identity CEMedEMEA01@xxx.com -Fqdn "Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local" -AccessProxyExternalFqdn "AEEMEA01.xxx.COM"

Still struggling with this. However will check the time stamp as you suggest. However if you have any other suggestions

So PSTN Call <=> CCE <=> ME. If I try to add another party in the call I get "An Error Occurred"

Looking in Snooper

When I add the other party I see an invite going out. 

I also see an Info message with add user in it

endpoint-uri="sip:Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local@xxx.COM

However further down I get an In info message with

<addUser  reason="userUnknown">.

Further down a 404 & 1003;reason="User does not exist";domain="xxx.com"

So Checks

Get-CsHybridPSTNSite | foreach {Get-CsOnlineUser -Filter "HostingProvider -like '*$($_.edgefqdn)*'" | Get-CsHybridMediationServer}

RunspaceId              : ab799bb0-3162-40ad-a7a8-c63bb358b906 ObjectId                : 2818fb75-2aa6-4cf2-a1bd-ec261faeee26 Fqdn                    : sip:Med-051749.sfb-ccedomain.local@xxx.com AccessProxyExternalFqdn : AEEMEA01.xxx.COM

Get-CsUserPstnSettings -Identity alistair.keay@xxx.com

RunspaceId              : ab799bb0-3162-40ad-a7a8-c63bb358b906 UserPrincipalName       : Alistair.Keay@xxx.com SipAddress              : sip:Alistair.Keay@xxx.com AllowInternationalCalls : True HybridPstnSiteName      : AEEMEA01 HybridPstnSiteFqdn      : AEEMEA01.xxx.COM

Alistair

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Just to confirm, Alistair.Keay is licensed for Audio Conferencing? 

Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:33 PM
  • Overall I am happy to report it started working.

I have a number of CCEs which we are bringing into production

• I tested with EMEA first were I had issues. However today it started to work
    • With US. It immediately worked as per your guidance Michael

I can't thank you enough for your help, much appreciated.

Can I check _ so in 30 days time are you saying I need to providing one more time but after that. That should be it?

regards

Alistair

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 11:50 AM
  • ~30 days, when Get-CsHybridPSTNSite | foreach {Get-CsOnlineUser -Filter "HostingProvider -like '*$($_.edgefqdn)*'" | Get-CsHybridMediationServer} returns a blank result for the Fqdn. That's when you have to run the same Set-CsHybridMediationServer command and should be done after that.

Blog

• Marked as answer by AlistairK Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:31 PM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1:23 PM