none
Programmatically get online users of the Skype for Business RRS feed

• Question

• I am programmatically working on sending IM to online users of Skype for Business in a particular tenant.  Is there any way by which I can get online users of Skype for Business programmatically?. 

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 12:53 PM

Answers

• You don't have access to SQL in an online tenant, this would only be true if you were running the server version.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Rikhav Shah Friday, November 17, 2017 6:46 AM
    Friday, September 1, 2017 10:53 AM

All replies

• Get-CSOnlineUser in PowerShell will give you a list of online users, but that's assuming "Online" means "in the cloud".  If you mean active users, then you'd have to write an application to do this, and you'd want to pre-populate it with a list of known users.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:23 PM
  • @Anthony Caragol - I mean active users. Any reference link or how can I get active users of SFB? I want list of users who are currently active and are logged in to SFB currently?
    • Edited by Rikhav Shah Thursday, August 31, 2017 7:20 AM
    Thursday, August 31, 2017 5:15 AM
  • That information is not available natively, you can't accomplish that without writing your own code to query everyone individually.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:30 PM
  • This information can be fetched from SQL tables of the FE SQL Express database.  
    Friday, September 1, 2017 4:36 AM
  • @Askwizard - Pardon I don't know much about FE SQL Express database particularly FE? May I know what is FE?
    Friday, September 1, 2017 6:38 AM
  • You don't have access to SQL in an online tenant, this would only be true if you were running the server version.

• Marked as answer by Rikhav Shah Friday, November 17, 2017 6:46 AM
    Friday, September 1, 2017 10:53 AM