none
Skype for Business and Skype consumer

Question

• Hi,

Sorry if I'm not posting in the correct forum, didn't find a Skype for Business forum.

One of the features with Skype for business server included the abilitity to initiate video calls between the Skype Worlds. This seems to work fine for the PC client of Skype but as far as I can see it does not work with Skype mobile (Windows Phone)

Does anyone if that will come?

Also, a new feature in Skype for business client relates to the possibility to search Skype Contacts, ie. without having to know there MSN/Microsoft ID, however it's not clear if you can add clients that has not yet converted their Skype-login to a Microsoft account, any clarification on that?

Thanks.

sTUDIOX

Saturday, July 18, 2015 4:52 PM

Answers

• Hi

If you have Skype for Business Edge Servers then you can now search for Skype consumer contacts who have Skype IDs. I have several contacts with the username@skypeids.net 

You can search using Name in Location, for example John Smith in London or by live ID or even by user@skypeids.net

I would imagine that skype directory search will come to the mobile client and too be honest dont quite understand why it isnt there right now.

One way around this is to add your skype consumer contacts to your device contact list and let the SfB app search device contacts. You should then be able to communicate with them. Or use the windows client and save the contact to a custom contact list and these will sync to the mobile client.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by z-j2015 Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason HuangModerator Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:39 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hi

If you have Skype for Business Edge Servers then you can now search for Skype consumer contacts who have Skype IDs. I have several contacts with the username@skypeids.net 

You can search using Name in Location, for example John Smith in London or by live ID or even by user@skypeids.net

I would imagine that skype directory search will come to the mobile client and too be honest dont quite understand why it isnt there right now.

One way around this is to add your skype consumer contacts to your device contact list and let the SfB app search device contacts. You should then be able to communicate with them. Or use the windows client and save the contact to a custom contact list and these will sync to the mobile client.

thanks

Note: Please remember to `Mark as Answered` a post that answers your question and/or `Vote as Helpful` posts that have helped you. This will help others find answers to similar problems. For more Skype for Business help visit: http://www.skype4b.uk Please note that answers are based on my experience and opinion only and do not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

• Proposed as answer by z-j2015 Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eason HuangModerator Thursday, August 6, 2015 6:39 AM
    Saturday, July 18, 2015 8:12 PM
  • Hi

For Skype for Business client 2015, it is not supported to make Video chat between Skype client on Windows Phone and SFB client so far. Hope it will come sooner in the future.

Best Regards,

zhujie 

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 9:33 AM