Outlook 2013 Mail Folders RRS feed

• Question

• I have added my live.com email account to Outlook 2013 on a new laptop. All of the folders that were present on the old laptop are still visible but only the Inbox and Sent Items contain any mail items. I have check the other folders in the W8 metro app and online at outlook.com and all of the mail messages are present.

How can I get outlook to re-download the email in the other folders?

many thanks

Saturday, June 6, 2015 9:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What is the account type for this live.com account in Outlook 2013? Exchange ActiveSync?

You can click on the "Send/Receive All Folders" button and check if there are any error messages in the synchronization Status bar.

Please also check the Account Settings from FILE -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Offline Settings, check if you have selected "All" for "Mail to keep offline".

Please also check if you have any anti-virus or anti-spam integration with Outlook. If you do have this kind of integration, disable it to check the result.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 8, 2015 7:35 AM