none
Purge functionality doesn't work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    You know after delete email it goes to "delete folder", but when you delete email with shift-key pressing you can recovery email or purge email to delete definirte.
    After last update (We have office 365 We have office 365 compiled 11601.20178 ) the purge functionality has left works.
    Does anybody knows if is a bug?

This functionality works well by office 365 portal.

Kinds Regards

• Edited by tgarijo Friday, May 17, 2019 2:25 PM
    Friday, May 17, 2019 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

Yes, the issue has been fixed.

I have also checked it and the functionality works well now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread?

Thanks for your understanding and support again.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by tgarijo Monday, June 10, 2019 8:30 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 8:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You mentioned three operations above.

1. Delete the message directly, then the message goes to the "Deleted Items" folder.
    2. Press Shift+Delete to delete a message, then the message can be recovered via clicking "Recover Deleted Items".
    3. Click the option "Recover Deleted Items" then click "Purge Selected Items" to permanently delete a message.

So, could you please tell me which operation is bothering you? And how is it bothering you?

Is there any detailed error message when the issue occurs?

Whether this issue occurs only on your computer or there are many people in your organization have this issue as you?

Any update, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:27 AM
  • Hi Aidan, thank you for your response.

I did that you told me, but purge functionality doesn't work.

There is not an error message.

As far as I know, there are four computers affected by this problem.

Regards.

Tomas

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

Do you mean that the purge functionality does't work?

If so, please configure another Exchange account(Outlook.com) on your Outlook client and see if there is any difference.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, May 23, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Yes, this functionality doesn't work? "Purge Selected Items"

What is I did?
    1) I remove outlook profile and start a new profile. Purge doesn't work
    2) I remove windows profile and start a new profile. Purge doesn't work.
    There are some users affected, other ones not use this functionality but all user I have ask to them,   the functionality doesn't work to them.
    As I told you on before post ones weeks ago this functionality works perfectly.

Regards

Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm researching on your issue.

At the same time, you can purge the emails in OWA and it will be synced to the Outlook client.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, May 24, 2019 9:52 AM
  • Hi Aidan

Thank You for your reply.

Yes you're right, on OWA the purge functionality works well.

I'm not an expert on Exchange Online and I don't understand well what you told me.

If is possible,  could you tell me how to enable the purge functionality again on outlook client?

Kind Regards

Friday, May 24, 2019 11:05 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm researching on your issue.

Once there is any updates, I will post here at the first time.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, May 27, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi,

According to my research, this is a known issue.

A recent code change may be causing MAPI calls to fail, preventing some users from restoring or purging items in the RDI folder.

We are continuing our efforts to capture actionable data to better understand the cause of  the problem and develop appropriate remediation steps.

Once there is any update, I will post here at the first time.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, June 3, 2019 6:04 AM
  • Hi Aidan

Ok I'll wait for your news.

Kinds Regards

Monday, June 3, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your patience:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, June 3, 2019 7:59 AM
  • Hi Aidan

Today I checked if the functionality works well and Great!!!! I have checked three computers and the functionality works perfectly.

Can you check if the issue have done  fix?

Thank You

Monday, June 10, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your updates.

Yes, the issue has been fixed.

I have also checked it and the functionality works well now.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

By the way, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread?

Thanks for your understanding and support again.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

• Marked as answer by tgarijo Monday, June 10, 2019 8:30 AM
    Monday, June 10, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Than you for all Aidan.

Kinds Regards

Monday, June 10, 2019 8:30 AM