none
Lync 2013 upgrade to Skype for Business with Hybrid (o365) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to upgrade the Lync 2013 on-premise to Skype for Business 2015 with Hybrid (o365).

Scenario :-

I have one Standard Lync 2013 FE with Lync 2013 Edge and it is Hybrid with O365 Skype for Business.

some Lync users in on-premise and some users are in Hosted in Online 365 infra for Skype for Business.

Requirements:-

I want to upgrade the on-premise Lync 2013 Infra with skype for Business 2015.

query is :-

if I do in-place or parallelupgrade in on-premise lync 2013 infra to Skype for Business.

is any change requirement on Online O365 infra ?

Regards, Deepak

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 10:11 AM

All replies

• There should not be any change requirement in Skype for Business Online tenant end, however i would suggest you to run the Hybrid Validation checks once you are done with Upgrade. Link below pasted

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2016/09/27/validate-your-lync-server-2013-or-skype-for-business-2015-hybrid-configuration/

If you are having Lync 2013 server with Exchange Online integration, you have to look into below blog and verify the changes at Exchange Online end accordingly. (This is required if you are going to renew Oauth certificate and have the new Web external name for Skype for Business ; else you are good.)

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/nexthop/2016/06/08/online-meeting-icon-missing-from-owa-in-exchange-online/

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:53 PM
  • Hi Deepak Srivastava,

Agree with Neeranjan, you do not need to do any changes in Skype for Business Online tenant end. I found a similar case you could refer to:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/c1a14c03-1669-4d59-b80c-97acba308879/lync-2013-hybrid-upgrade?forum=lyncdeploy  

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Thursday, September 6, 2018 5:24 AM
  • Hi Deepak Srivastava,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Monday, September 10, 2018 7:56 AM
  • Hi Deepak Srivastava,

Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regard,
    Evan
    Thursday, September 20, 2018 10:05 AM
  • Hi Deepak Srivastava,

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Wednesday, September 26, 2018 11:16 AM
  • Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:21 AM
  • Is there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:43 PM