none
SQL Service not running RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to all
    After Applied this CU Skype for business server 2015(Std)
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3061064/updates-for-skype-for-business-server-2015
    I just have the services shown bellow working

When I try to start those service I get an error:

I tried to restart the server and check several pages in WWW.  

Any help will be appreciated

Warm regards MeVs

Monday, January 6, 2020 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hi MeVs,

Do you have multiple SQL instances installed on the machine and uninstalled one of these instances?

If you are the scenario, this issue occurs when you uninstall an instance of SQL Server 2008 because the 32- and 64-bit instances share the same WMI. When you uninstall one of the instances, the WMI provider is removed.

To work around this problem, open a command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: mofcomp "%programfiles(x86)%\Microsoft SQL Server\number\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"

The value of number depends on the version of SQL Server. You can refer to the following table:

After you run the Mofcomp tool, restart the WMI service for the changes to take effect.

If it doesn’t work, you can try to add Network service on the key:

HKCR\CLSID\{73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4}. Then run the above command MOFCOMP.

You can refer to the following link to learn more about this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/956013/error-message-when-you-open-sql-server-configuration-manager-in-sql-se

https://blog.sqlauthority.com/2017/05/20/sql-server-configuration-manager-cannot-connect-wmi-provider-not-permission-server-unreachable/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:38 AM
  • Hi Sharon Zhao

What you told me absolutely works and after I applied it now I can open SQL Configuration Manager.

But I had to change SQL Server (RTC)  to run "local system" instead of "network service"

I would like to make SQl Server (RTC)  service run like Network Service.

What troubleshoot do I need to apply in order to ge it ?

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:55 AM
  • I also tried to add Network service on the key:

HKCR\CLSID\{73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4}\LocalServer32 ACCESS DENIED. 
    Then run the above command MOFCOMP.

But I only got access denied.

Warm regards MeVs

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:56 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Why do you change SQL Server (RTC) to run “local system” instead of “network service”?

In my test environment, I only have SQL Server (RTC) running Network Service. You can refer to the following image:

It is recommended to run network service on SQL Server (RTC).

Maybe something is wrong when you change the settings.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 9:19 AM
  • Hi MeVs,

Is there any update on this case?

Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:39 AM
  • I changed it because I did not find how to make it run? Do you have any troubleshoot to fix it?

Warm regards MeVs

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:08 PM
  • Hi MeVs,

Maybe, you could try to uninstall the cumulative updates and check the status of SQL service.

Then reinstall the cumulative updates step by step.

Please note that you should execute the command “Install-CsDatabase -Update -LocalDatabases” when you apply the changes to the SQL Server databases.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:38 AM
  • Thank you Sharon for your kind response. I did what you said in the former post. Including Ithe cmdlers you’re post here, and unfortunately Iit did not work fine. Install-CsDatabase -Update -LocalDatabases So now I am still checking what else to do Any ideas will be appreciated

Warm regards MeVs

Thursday, February 13, 2020 12:11 PM
  • Hi MeVs,

Does any user have some obviously feature problems when they are using the Skype for Business? 

I have no good idea now. I will continue to search for the possible resolutions. 

If there is any good news, I will share with you. Meanwhile, if you have any update on this post, please feel free to give me a share. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Monday, February 17, 2020 8:51 AM