none
Lync Server 2013: is it possible to record multiparty video gallery format? RRS feed

Answers

• It is by design. All audio, active-speaker’s video, content and Instant Messages are captured in Lync recordings and presented from the perspective of a virtual participant in the meeting. This ensures that Lync recordings are neutral in their presentation and will not typically differ for users recording the same meeting on disparate endpoints.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:55 AM

All replies

• It is by design. All audio, active-speaker’s video, content and Instant Messages are captured in Lync recordings and presented from the perspective of a virtual participant in the meeting. This ensures that Lync recordings are neutral in their presentation and will not typically differ for users recording the same meeting on disparate endpoints.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, June 21, 2013 7:55 AM
  • This approach also helps keep the recording size down to a manageable size as capturing up to 5 streams of video content can add a sizeable amount of bandwidth.  Whatever resolution of video was provided to the recording endpoint for each active speaker is what would be able for the recording.

Jeff Schertz | Microsoft Solutions Architect - Polycom | Lync MVP

Friday, June 21, 2013 11:33 AM
  • Jeff,

Thanks for that input.

My question was  can we record the multi-party format and it sounds like not from lisa's reply. (what i figured, but appreciate the verification)

Since in the lync 2013 the multi-party video is already being delivered (and being bandwidth used) recording multi-party should not increase bandwidth, right?

Also, would having the same recorded amount of pixels (all moving with one person's image) be dramatically more than several people moving in same pixels? (you know video much better than I...but i'm questioning :-)

Thanks for your great input,
    Matt

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Friday, June 21, 2013 2:51 PM
  • thanks for verifying that Lync 2013 does not record in multi-party format.

Matt

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Friday, June 21, 2013 2:54 PM
  • Hi Matt,

By design No. By thrid party video recording application Yes.

Multiple video streams are recorded

(Geomant-Verba Lync recording able to do so besides the centrally stored screen recording).

Mail me if you'd like to post some more details in your blog.

R,

George

Saturday, July 6, 2013 7:35 AM