none
Enabling SBS users in Lync RRS feed

• Question

• I have a newly installed Lync Standard server on a Windows 2008 Standard member server in a Windows SBS 2008 network.  When I use the Lync Control Panel on the server to enable Lync users, I find I cannot enable users I've added using the Windows SBS Console.  If I add a new users through ADUC, the users show up when I search for them in the Lync Control Panel.

Any suggestions on how to enable existing, Windows SBS Console-created users using the Lync Control Panel?

Thank you!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 2:09 AM

Answers

• Hi, enabling SBS user in Lync server isn't supported.

You can check this documents get more information: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412831.aspx

Supported Domain Controller Operating Systems

Lync Server 2010 supports domain controllers running the following operating systems:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
    • Windows Server 2008 operating system
    • Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 32-Bit
    • The 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the Window Server 2003 R2 operating system
    • The 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the Windows Server 2003

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Monday, January 3, 2011 8:36 AM
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi, enabling SBS user in Lync server isn't supported.

You can check this documents get more information: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg412831.aspx

Supported Domain Controller Operating Systems

Lync Server 2010 supports domain controllers running the following operating systems:

• Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
    • Windows Server 2008 operating system
    • Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 32-Bit
    • The 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the Window Server 2003 R2 operating system
    • The 32-bit or 64-bit versions of the Windows Server 2003

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Ben-Shun Zhu Monday, January 3, 2011 8:36 AM
    Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:50 AM
  • Is it possible to get around this limitation by setting up a second DC on Windows Server 2008 in the SBS network? I think this should work, this is what I am trying next.
    Roman
    Friday, December 31, 2010 4:20 PM