none
Presence not updating RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

A few users are having issues with their contacts not showing the correct status. Below is what a few users are experiencing. That is not happening to everyone and not all users in their contact list.

I have two colleagues I am not getting real-time updates on their status.  For example my Skype will show a contact as offline when she really is online.  If I click on her name my Skype then updates her status to online.  At the end of the day when she has signed out it will still show her as being online unless I click on her name and then it will change to off line and say she has been off line for 2 hours.  The same thing is happening with another contact.  I have three other contacts and this is not an issue with those contacts. Not sure if this a client issue or a server issue? 

Regards,

Mitch

Friday, November 9, 2018 10:05 PM

Answers

• Hey Hi..

If this is being noticed by only one user, try to look into local side than at Server side.. 

Probably clear the local cache of affected user-

1.  Exit the SFB client
    2. Go to - [ %userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\office\16.0\Lync ]
    3. Delete the SIP profile folder
    4. Sign-in back to client and observe the issue behavior..
    5. if not, probably move the user to different pool an check..

If this being noticed by multiple users, then check the below article once and see if it is applicable to your servers and take action accordingly..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/3051410/user-contacts-intermittently-display-an-updating-status-in-lync-or-sky

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Proposed as answer by Neeranjan Shettar Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by mitch.jones Monday, December 17, 2018 5:19 PM
    Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hey Hi..

If this is being noticed by only one user, try to look into local side than at Server side.. 

Probably clear the local cache of affected user-

1.  Exit the SFB client
    2. Go to - [ %userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\office\16.0\Lync ]
    3. Delete the SIP profile folder
    4. Sign-in back to client and observe the issue behavior..
    5. if not, probably move the user to different pool an check..

If this being noticed by multiple users, then check the below article once and see if it is applicable to your servers and take action accordingly..

https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/3051410/user-contacts-intermittently-display-an-updating-status-in-lync-or-sky

Neeranjan Shettar (MyPage)

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

• Proposed as answer by Neeranjan Shettar Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by mitch.jones Monday, December 17, 2018 5:19 PM
    Saturday, November 10, 2018 2:52 PM
  • Hi Mitch,

For those users who have the issue for looking at the presence of some of their contacts, please suggest them use the latest SFB client version.

You could also try to use Skype for Business Basic version to have a test, if it works fine, then we could exclude the error from the server side or the settings of account itself.

If it can't work, then it would need further detecting the root cause.

Please feel free to let us know if any updates.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 12, 2018 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue. :) 

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 10:15 AM